The guess the pub thread

Very good. Have the original 1980s edition as well for yonks – but also yonks since I read it, which is why I had forgotten about Birdhill.

Tipperary is almost undoubtedly the county best served by GAA parish/club histories. Some of the work – by Martin Bourke, SĂ©amus King and Liam Ó DonnchĂș in particular – is of a superb standard.

4 Likes

Indeed
 Thanks. Just looking up about him in Newport history.

Are you sure? I always assumed it was with Ballinahinch.
They used go drinking in Coopers after and before matches

Ballinahinch is Ballinahinch and Killoscully.

1 Like

Is that a different Paul from the one that was from Templederry?

Same one

1 Like

The West Tipperary GAA History is a serious body of work.JJ Kennedy wrote it in 2000 I think. I believe it’s currently being updated by the board.

3 Likes

The very 1

Would you believe I am to meet that man shortly enough in Cashel for lunch and he is going to give me a copy of said book plus the Kickhams history. Am a big admirer of his columns and he is besides a real gentleman, going by phone conversations.

Already have the Mid, North and South histories. The three volume Mid history Martin Bourke put together is something else altogether.

3 Likes

Squire McGuires

4 Likes

Not the greatest pint.

1 Like

It looks ok. Enjoy.

1 Like

Tom Collins?

1 Like

His missus took that picture. Last time I was out with him he was drinking glasses of Guinness.

5 Likes

That’s a good guess I’d say. He was getting served by the robot in the Jasmine half an hour ago.

Marco Polo actually

1 Like

You know your limerick pubs

1 Like

Same crowd. I’d say the robots are related.

Better class of robot in Marco Polo