The horse show at the RDS

worth the admission price alone ā€¦Ronan might even be there in support

My auld pair are hitting up to this on Friday. The auld lad who would get a few likes on the roaster thread if a few stories were told has been talking of going to this for as long as I can remember. We sourced him a few tickets and he is like a child waiting for Christmas. His only ever other trips to Dublin were for AI finals so Iā€™d hazard a guess this will be his first venture into D4. I am looking forward to his blow by blow account of the day.

1 Like

He surely went to the Spring Show back in the day??

He never did. He would have a gra for horses as he worked them before the tractor arrived.

His holidays would be built around 3 days at the ploughing and a number of horse fairs/agricultural shows around the country. Bank holidays didnā€™t exist but church ones did.

2 Likes

its going to be A difficult week for all my gang as itā€™s two years on from one of our good friends death. He fell asleep driving home from the show in 2017. Last year a lot of us skipped it but everyone is making the effort to attend this year.

2 Likes

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase bored to death. A senseless death.

That isnā€™t a very nice comment.

1 Like

No man should lose his life as a result of the horse show. My thoughts are with you and his family and friends.

Crass is the word for it.

3 Likes

No doubt the usual suspects will defend him. When it comes to me and my friends it seems any thing goes.

Thereā€™s no need to go indulging your martyr complex either. What your friends donā€™t know about wonā€™t bother them.

Pathetic

4 Likes

there is a nasty campaign being waged against you

1 Like

1 Like

My missus is realising a life long ambition by heading up to this tomorrow with one of the kids,

It was one of the highlights of summer as a kid, Eddie Macken was a God

1 Like

Great day out. Friday is one of the best nights of year in town.

ā€œRoā€

That one where they all tried to jump over an ever increasing wall was unreal TV, do they still make them do that?

1 Like

The puissance, they do indeed,
It was great fun when you were playing show jumping over galvanized and milk crates in the garden trying to find ways to make that wall bigger

Saturday absolutely unreal drinking session.

1 Like