The 'How long will it take for Fianna Fail to call in the IMF again' thread

I’d disagree. That’s a question for the older, monied electorate. People who are comfortable financially, own their own homes and don’t give a fuck about others.
I’d say a question for many others in society is who do you think will take on the challenge of transforming Ireland into a fairer society, chiefly by making housing more available and affordable, so normal people can afford it without spending the guts of their wages on it.
We spend a fortune on private landlords and hotels for the homeless. it makes no sense long term. FG have no interest in changing that. Who can manage the transition from fucking money at symptoms of problems to tackling the underlying problem? I have no confidence in FG or FF even wanting to attempt that.

2 Likes

Fuck off Labour boy, ye had yer chance and sold us down the river

6 Likes

What if you already have a house? I don’t want some other fucker getting one for cheaper.

6 Likes

Dont forget Lisa Chambers.

1 Like

Go fuck yourself. Noonan blocked anything Kelly tried to do. Another Limerick cunt like yourself. It didn’t help that Kelly is shit at working with people but Noonan and FG blocked anything he tried. These things happen to smaller parties in government.

Not only that he’ll be taking more of your wages to pay for the lazy fuckers to get it.

A fair solution to these problems would be to give hard working people a council house that we can rent to the dolers

I’m ok with people getting houses for cheaper than I did. At least those cunts will have some money to spend in sit coffee shops and burrito bars to keep the economy going.

Eating smashed avocado on sourdough, pondering over some idealised version of work instead of going out and actually working.

Climate killing cunts.

Demanding council houses be built, but not near their own houses obviously

No it’s questions (there were two) for the entire electorate, or at least the electorate that care.

The standard of living for most people in Ireland has improved greatly in the past few decades, why do you think people want to move to Ireland now rather than fleeing it? Without economic expansion that will grind to a halt fairly lively.

The average price of a house in Ireland is less than 250k, with low interest rates houses in most parts of the country are not unaffordable. Dublin and parts of Cork are unaffordable for most, but that’s the case for any developed country. Most people here can’t afford to live in SF or Silicon Valley, live where they can afford to live and deal with long commutes. Same in London, Paris, any large city.

There’s obviously a need for social housing, but it hardly makes sense to build it in the most expensive parts of the country to live and where the demand for housing is highest.

I can’t believe these absolute vermin are getting back into power. They’re the most gutless, snakey cunts the country has seen.

Mickey Martin or his cronies will be at my door soon. I’m just gonna slam it in their face.

Go’way to fuck, you’ll be out canvassing for him with Mrs Sullivan

Also, why did Ireland end mortgage interest relief? That would go a long way to helping people afford a mortgage, especially in higher cost cities. Limit it to your primary residence obviously.

I can take a lot… But that’s way over the line mate.I despise FF more than I despise Tipperary.

Your two questions were fairly similar and were interlinked.

There’s a basic tenet of your argument that growth and expansion is not only desirable but also neccessary. Consolidation would be fine. Endless expansion is impossible and undesirable. We tried nonstop breakneck speed expansion under FF in the 2000s. The country popped like Mr Creosote. The mess is still all around us and we lost a shitload of our property and some national assets to overseas investors. Wishing for that again is stupid, essentially doing the same thing again and expecting a different result. Managing the economy we have correctly is more desirable than hooking a few more FDI jobs and pushing up an already inflated housing market.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, FG extended it for landlords.

half the problem is people paying out 60+ % of their income on rent and then trying to save 20-40k for a deposit.

1 Like

Are you a business owner?

yes.