The 'How long will it take for Fianna Fail to call in the IMF again' thread

how was the burrito?

No burrito. No time. skipped lunch and had a stirfry prawn veg from the supervalu in Clonakilty this evening.

Nobody’s wishing for a return to 2008/9. However, Ireland went from being one of the poorest countries in western Europe pre-Tiger to one of the highest standards of living today. The Irish economy is in far more healthier state than much of the EU, essentially full employment and healthy growth.

The danger isn’t a return to the insane years of the boom, the danger is a return to pre-Tiger days.

What % of business expenses, including interest on loans, are you allowed write off against tax?

So you say. However, rent prices are higher than they ever were in the boom. And house prices have risen sharply for about3/4 years to near enough boom prices. Energy and insurance prices have risen/rocketed. That’s massive inflation. Thats the world the guts of our population under 35 live in. You talk about standard of living. For many in that bracket, the standard is fairly shit and there’s way less job/home security.

No idea. I’ve an accountant who looks after all that. How much as a matter of interest?

Pay attention @Juhniallio, you’re lucky you have labane here to tell you what you think.

Oh here’s the lad that wants another million people to move to Ireland, preferably economic migrants of course.

That will solve the housing problem.

Did you just make up something else that someone said again?

100%. You’re allowed write all of it off.

For landlords up to recently it was 75% of interest.

House prices outside of Dublin and the more expensive areas of Cork are nowhere near boom levels ffs. Rents are too high, more apartments need to be built, so the government should do whatever is needed to encourage that and also build social housing. Buying an apartment is a great way to start on the property ladder, there’s fuck all inventory in Ireland though.

You wouldn’t think the under 35s are having that hard a time on an average weekend night out in any city / town center in Ireland.

100 % now for lanlords i think. What sort of business expenses can I write off?

The cost of living is outrageous kid.

The way you eat and drink it certainly is.

I don’t drink.

I can’t afford to eat out.

1 Like

arent you an economic migrant?

Post bookmarked.

It was heading that way, my point is that’s no different than any other small business.

You are taxed on profit, not revenue, so all your relevant expenses are applied 100%

No mate.

I’ve been out once in 12 months pal.