The HSE's Latest Blunder

In Galway A&E, without even having extra staff… they need at least another 1000m2 of space at a minimum to facilitate a dignified experience.

You literally cant swing a cat in there. Everyone is tripping over each other. You’d have more room on Dublin bus.

You cannot fix the culture from within it is too ingrained.
Need to start again with a completely clean slate and make all HSE admin staff redundant.

You want to see the hell holes that A&E is in Beaumount and the Mater in Dublin. Horrendous places, bodies all over the place.

A dose of the private sector is what these lads want. Imagine working with them? I’d have one of them choked before the first day put down

I guess you are talking about one of these manager types in the hospital that works 9 -5 and fucks off home regardless of the state of the place?

Another hospital story. Leo has really pissed someone off and they are doing a number on him with all these stories being released.

Every bit as bad, robots the whole lot of them.

why would they bring a laptop home?

I laughed at that story when I heard it yesterday.

The bloke who said it looked a complete loon.

1 Like

I see another case today where the HSE eventually settled and offer an apology after letting the case go all the way to court. I was sure the HSE issued a statement a few years back saying they would put an end to that practice and admit liability much earlier in the process if they knew they were at fault.

I didn’t know really where to post this. I was contemplating the compulsive liar thread because I heard this story at a dinner I attended last week and don’t really know if it was true or complete bullshit.

I may have just been taken in because the storyteller has serious wedge, sounds knowledgeable and authoritative and would move in upper oirish circles.

He said it’s common that Surgeons/Consultants would often pencil in Christmas/NewYear for women with children to have surgery in the hope they will refuse the appointment as they want to spend Christmas at home and ask for a rescheduled time in the new year, thus freeing up the Dr’s holidays.

He said often this would be cancer patients who have gone through so much they think; All the shit through the year, I am having Christmas with my kids no matter what…not realising by doing that it ensures it’s their last Christmas…

As I said, I don’t know whether I believe it or not, I would hope that’s not the case…

Ah here, I’ve seen it all now.

I am the only one in the country old enough to remember the old system of health boards that was got rid of when the HSE was setup?

Maybe I should get a job with the HSE

You couldn’t make this shit up.

A portal to log vaccination data is not complex. PPSN can be your key and work from there.

No lie… If you give the likes of myself or @TreatyStones access to 2 Indians (1 to make tae and 1 to program) we’d knock something together in a few weeks. Stick it on a scalable infrastructure and off you go…

6 Likes

I love the picture there with all the fancy dashboard and graphs on the computer, in Connecticut.

2 Likes

The system is in place and functional. The issue is probably all the wankers that would object to their PPSN being used as identifier. From what I know terms of the tender included full system delivery by end of Dec 2020. Salesforce/IBM solution.

2 Likes

While they’re testing 30k people a day at 150euro a go, with remarkable efficency …and harmless lads like @Julio_Geordio think all is above board.

1 Like

You can’t give out about them or @glasagusban will be upset