The HSE's Latest Blunder

Are the Israelis using paper?

Fuckin IT contractors will always let you down.

1 Like

Never have an end of year target on a system delivery date. Project Management 101

The ould change freeze kicks in earlier and earlier every year in our place.

The last Friday in November to be safe!

3 Likes

Do the Indians go buck ape for New Years?

Not really, diwali is their gig, early November.

The American MNCs struggle with all the religious holidays on the Indian calendar… But like the Irish church holidays back in the day.

The Israelis wouldn’t wipe their ass with paper

They’d probably charge you to watch em

It’s a clusterfuck to use I was told this evening.

In herselfs hospital, they have an online booking system for staff members with a link sent through the intranet.
Somebody distributed the link externally, and on Tuesday they had to postpone a whole day of vaccination of staff because a load of general public had booked via the link and turned up, so many that that had to cancel the entire 12 hours apparently.

3 Likes

Could they have not encrypted it so you can only log on with your work network details. Common place in most private sector company OT systems. One password fits all applications and single sign in

1 Like

Well it wasn’t me, but you’d imagine so. These clearly weren’t. It’s the neck of some people trying to jump in on it that surprised me. I had a jab as I was told when and where, but I’d have happily waited.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2022/1224/1343619-ul/

A 16 year old girl from Shannon.
Sounds like a fuck up.

1 Like

I heard she was on a trolley for 16 hours before they admitted her

Yea, saw that.
Time is critical with meningitis.

That was widely reported this week. Poor girl

UHL is a shambles, you’d be better off driving to Galway, and it’d be quicker

1 Like

Leo is on the case, everything will be fine now.

Leo isn’t the story here … the hospitals are fcuked … every emergency department is on the brink …can’t get nurses and that’s with casting the net out far and wide …it’s an utter shit show with no quick fix …