The hurling qualifiers 2017

Hello Mike I am very pleased with the way it went for us meeting KK because I think we can beat them.

You tend to be a realistic pragmatist overall Mike and partial to throwing a wet blanket over any flames of hope that might be starting to spark amongst the hopeful. Do you think for this week you might get in behind the team and demonstrate faith and optimism instead of a defeatist attitude? This comment applies to others as well as yourself Mike.

Wasn’t there a gaggle of Limerick fans on here a few weeks back trying to convince me that winning u21s was worst thing that could happen Limerick?

1 Like

First Sunday in October

https://youtu.be/YXpUdBlRZe8

1 Like

They were pretend Limerick fans. Not real Limerick hurling men.

2 Likes

Go shit in your hat!

Can’t accuse me if being in that brigade I’m afraid.

1 Like

1 Like

Our team of earnest, but inexperienced young guns will only be coming into the reckoning around 2019-20 pal. Hopefully football will be extinct by then.

1 Like

This is the biggest hurling match Limerick will have played since our last meeting in 14. It really could not have fallen better for us, a Championship match against kk in Nowlan Park , it doesn’t come any better than that. I cannot see us lose. Management will have them ultra focused. This is the greatest opportunity handed to Limerick in years. We are going to win.

Here’s hoping, mate. I think Limerick have an excellent batch of 18-23 year old hurlers coming through allied with some very good experienced players like Seamus Hickey and Gavin O’Mahony. You are capable of competing for major honours and winning big prizes if you get a competent management team in place.

Is there a championship for u23’s, pal? From what you are saying Limerick would win it for sure

Unfortunately for Limerick there isn’t and they’d also be very strong contenders in a hypothetical U25 championship as their recent success in the Munster competition testifies.

1 Like

The full draw is as follows:

Saturday, July 1

GAA Hurling All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 1

Offaly v Waterford, Bord na Móna O’Connor Park, 3pm

Referee: TBC

(ET if necessary)

Tipperary v Westmeath, Semple Stadium, 5pm

(ET if necessary)

Dublin v Laois, Parnell Park, 7pm

Referee TBC

(ET if necessary)

Kilkenny v Limerick, Nowlan Park, Kilkenny, 7pm (Sky Sports)

(ET if necessary)

200 posts on the dedicated Kilkenny-Limerick thread already. :laughing:

1 Like

Championship really starts this Saturday in Nowlan Park.

And the Cody era ends. The school master from Galbally will put manners on him. Hon Luimneach.

1 Like

It’ll be a beautiful old style hurling match, man for man, Cody doesn’t do tactics and we’re too thick to understand them.

10 Likes

A damning indictment on the most successful stick hurling manager of all-time, he’s won 11 all-Irelands.

Backs up what I was saying last night to @anon7035031.

It’s hard to know apart of me says
Limerick will win