The I haven’t done a stroke of work today thread - the Iron Mike thread

Tinnion, I know there’s a vacancy for a lounge-boy in Katie Daly’s, Gorey, if you’re interested. Just thought I’d let you know.

Is there still a sizable Polish contingent working in there? Would free lunch be included?

You’d be replacing a most beautiful Lithuanian girl who is leaving to go home. However, I am good friends with a very very beautiful Polish girl who works there who is single and looking for a good Wexford man to call her own.
I think you know what the right thing to do is.

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1333137278’ post=‘608723’]

Ditto Phil…

But I got me an exit. offered a new job today.

Too many crazy hours lately and no sign of any light on the horizon so decided it was time to go. Left a 4 hour conference call at 6am this morning and interviewed at 10am. Got a call at 4pm to tell me the good news.[/quote]

:clap:

How many jobs have you had in the past 18 months? You were only in that job a while weren’t you?

Yeah… Was let go last September but managed to get another role fairly quickly at the time.

This new role is a contract role. Permanancy means jack shit in IT these days anyway. The offered daily rate is good and I am not finished negotiating yet. It could prove to be a challenging role but you may aswell get paid for every hour you put in and its and it about time I made a bit of real money.

Good to hear your business on the side is going well Runt. Takes up alot of time but rewards are there at the end of it. I have a business on the side with another lad and we hired a fella during the week as we won a small contract locally. Nothing huge but nice to be able to give a young fella a few days a week and make a few pound at the same time.

Good stuff KP. Do you mention it your employers about the business on the side?
I’d imagine it’s best not to say anything unless asked directly?

What I do on Saturdays is my business Runt not theirs!

This is shaping up to be a slow one.

I’ve more work done this morning than I’ve done in a month. A very productive morning.

I’ve a shit load of stuff to clear off my desk, as I’m off all next week. Flying through it though so I should be able to scratch my balls after lunch.

I’ve been putting something off all week because I thought it was going to take me half the day but I got it done in about 20 mins. Love it when that happens :pint:

I did a 14 hour day yesterday but I’m off until next Tuesday. :cool:

Something similar as the above for me has resulted in some ‘downtime’ today.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

A lot of things put on the long finger today. No motivation to do anything :frowning:

Had a seriously productive day at work today, putting out fires everywhere. Was even being ‘shadowed’ by a new starter.

You working on Harcourt Street now pal?

Good to see the farm relief takes its staff training seriously

What’s on Harcourt Street, mate? The fire station?

Moving into a new role in my current workplace, moving all my clients to other people, going to be leading the business development charge. But, been unhappy for some time and hey presto, among the job offers I have is a very very good one. Went for interview with the CEO at a rival and he’s put a shit load of money on the table, with a very managable budget. So trying to decide what to do. Current workplace have not come back to me with a new package for the new role, which they were meant to do a month ago. I’ve done my end of the bargain by giving my current clients (all of which I won and developed) to other account managers, but I’m being fucked around here, so may well be resigning next week after 5 years. There will be shock and there will be shots.

In the meantime I’m trying to do as little as possible, without appearing to be on the verge of leaving. Harder than it would seem.

Fitzy, sounds like you you need Kia Joorbacian

Moving from Woodies to B&Q will do you the power of good Fitzy