The I will not be supporting Oireland with Poppy O'Neil and the traitor in charge thread

Would you prefer he gave bland, Stepford-wife-esque responses?

God forbid someone would act themselves in a press conference.

And you can fuck off with your walking out on his country comments when half the cunts you follow in your horsey ‘sport’ go to great lengths to avoid paying tax in this country but are only too happy to avail of the Government support that is being offered to their industry.

Sheer hypocrisy.

2 Likes

The horsey tangent - just brilliant! :joy:

I shouldn’t bother entertaining it but apart from JP, do you have a list of the rest of the cunts who make up half the cunts I follow? Post it up there please to give me a laugh.

And on your Keane comments, has there been a volatile pressurised situation that he hasn’t lashed out, blown a gasket or walked away from previously? And tell me why he makes every interview about him rather than about the team while you’re at it?

Thanks

If there is one thing I will never understand then it is the infantile nature of grown up Roy Queen fanboys.

2 Likes

I’m glad there’s something we can agree on mate

1 Like

+1

James McCarthy’s performance last night was as good as anything Keane ever produced in an Ireland jersey. It was every bit as good as Keane’s performance against Portugal in 2001. Yet McCarthy wasn’t even given the officially MOTM. If it was roles reversed and it was Keane playing instead of McCarthy they would be blowing about it and we would be hearing about it for the next 50 years and how Keane beat the Germans singlehandedly, like how they try and apportion the win over Holland to Keane despite the fact that he wasn’t even the most dominant Irish player on the pitch

3 Likes

+1. Keane was useless that day against Holland. People talk about that dumb and rash early tackle on Overmars and how it set the tone. Overmars went on to destroy Gary Kelly in that match with Kelly sent off for 2 yellow cards after being unable to cope with him. That win was down to a really determined defensive effort and a tremendous piece of play by Jason McAteer who had a better international career than Keane. Keane is an absolute gimp.

2 Likes

You can say a lot of things about Keane but to say he doesn’t handle pressurised situations well is a bit ludicrous.

He didn’t perform too badly against the Portuguese and Dutch when the chips were down in the qualification for Japan.

Fail to see how saying anything other than the dull clichĂŠd answers in dealing with the press is a stick to beat him with either.

Anyway we had a great result last night, let’s not get bogged down in the age old Keane debate again. Let’s just fucking agree qualifying is well within our compass now.

2 Likes

How did he make the question about Robbie potentially missing out on the match due to the birth of his son about him? He gave a witty response. I’m sure you’d have been happier with a response like ‘That’s a decision for Robbie to make’.

I’m not going to educate you on the matter of the the horse breeding business that you’re such a fan boy for. I have zero interest in spending further time on it with you.

2 Likes

Are you an ostrich, mate?

1 Like

Disappointing to see us fight in such an unseemly way when our ire should be directed solely at those square headed Polack cunts.

And Sidney.

1 Like

And the Scotch.

1 Like
  • Scottish or Scots.

So you’ve got nothing to back up your earlier statements then, is that what you’re saying?

Keane played the dumb arrogant fuck he is when he was asked an innocent question by another Cork idiot in O’Donoghue.

No you gimp, I’ve nothing new that you don’t know already and that we haven’t covered on TFK in the past.

What would have preferred Keane to say? There is no such thing as an innocent question from O’Donoghue.

What you ‘covered’ in the past was your blind opinion based on nothing but your stubbornness and lack of understanding. I’d have thought that you might have strengthened your knowledge in an area you obviously feel so passionate about.

I don’t have an opinion on what Keane should have said as I’d have preferred if he wasn’t in front of the media in the first place.

Ah ffs.
Re-writing hostory machine in over drive again.

@Big_Dan_Campbell’s take on events is correct. I will corroborate it.

What age were you in 2001?

You obviously do have an opinion on what he should have said, if not then don’t utter such inane bullshit.

Even this week he had to draw the attention all on himself with the comment about Robbie Keane breastfeeding?

That would depend on which birth certificate I was referring to.

I know I was mature enough to understand the game beautifully and not get suckered into cult worship. Leave the analysis to the experts, mate.