The I will not be supporting Oireland with Poppy O'Neil and the traitor in charge thread

He could have said that Robbie was a great example to younger pros to make such a sacrifice, instead of ridiculing him for a cheap laugh.

3 Likes

I guess you were 10/12.

Clueless.

I went over it a few weeks ago. Keane had a solid enough game and finished well but the tackle on Overmars was given far too much credance we lived an even bigger charmed life than last night and the dutch squanders half a dozen clear cut chances. They consistently played their way through the middle of our midfield the same day. Overmars completely dominated Garry Kelly through until he was sent off and Steve Staunton and Richard Dunne rode their luck on several occasions. Damien Duff was absolutely majestic on the day and continually got on the ball and held onto possesion, drawing fouls and relieving pressure. LVG then panicked after they fell behind and they went 4-2-4 with four out and out strikers and we were able to sit deep for the last 20 odd minutes and soak up the pressure with Duff up top on his own.

The game should still be up on youtube if people want to watch it back

2 Likes

If I was I would still have been significantly smarter and more astute than you.

It’s like the time Roy Keane had 17 year old trade apprentices embarrassing him in the Scottish Cup.

Ya very smart not being able to remember your age alright

It’s not that I can’t remember, pal . It’s just an ambiguous matter.

1 Like

That would be very Cody-esque, he could then have spoken about how the Germans are a great bunch of loads and they’ll be taking nothing for granted.

The ultimate irony is that it’s same bunch of pricks on here that jump on a comment like this from Keane that cream themselves when Zlatan comes out with something similar in a press conference or interview.

1 Like

I’ve never posted anything about Zlatan. I just thought it was very poor form to be taking the piss out of Robbie Keane.

There’s a big difference - Zlatan is a maverick and a good guy deep down.

Queen is just a cunt.

I never said you did. I was just passing comment.

Hardly taking the piss, no more than Robbie did in response. It was more liek he was taking the piss out of that idiot O’Donoghue for asking such an idiotic question.

Winner

1 Like

??

Signing back in.

good to be back

1 Like

FInally found this thread. Signing in. May they burn in hell.

2 Likes

Probably should prepare for an influx of posters disembarking from the bandwagon, let’s try to keep the ‘I told you so’s’ to an acceptable level . That said we can bask in the glory of our high moral ground somewhat, we have been true to ourselves and our principles while @Bandage @ClarkeyCat et al traversed Europe inflatable hammers in hand following the poppy and the queen

11 Likes

That’s a terrific bitchfight between @mac and @croppy_boy above.

1 Like

Just seeing the result there … that’s an awful kicking on the back of the Danish result. Time for Martin and Roy to go.

Ireland were so shite last night that a 4-1 defeat flatters us hugely. Wales superior in every area. Our keeper and back four are still of reasonable standard but, once you go past that, it’s a wasteland.

I’ve seen this happen in other people’s lives and now it’s happening in mine.