The Ian Bailey is dead thread

In fairness, if your crowd had anything about them, they might have solved the case.

A shower of useless cunts.

Why would the guards take his files now? If there was something in there that they wanted why didn’t they search his place before now?

Yea, they could have been dumped or destroyed but I still don’t understand. Why now?

Could you imagine having to go through that pile of shite?

2 Likes

I’d imagine they might be looking for a confession of some sort

He’s being stitched up.

If there’s a confession, it’s with his solicitor.

That doesn’t answer it for me.

The guards walking into the house with an A4 pad with “I did it” in highlighter as we speak.

2 Likes

That’s standard practise alright when someone passes away. They raid the house to see if anybody has confessed to any crimes.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gercomiskey/status/1751175116082360753?s=46

It’s a lot easier to get a warrant when there isn’t someone in court to counter your evidence

1 Like

Did they even get a warrant?

Yep

Tis some mess

Mess of a thread alright. Great entertainment though, TFK should really be a subscription.

2 Likes

What exactly is the relevance of the gate, other than the fact it went missing? You could hardly keep a gate in a rural garda station for 20 years.

The definition of gas cunts

The huge irony being one of the lads who went off the deep end last night is baileys doppelganger

I can’t keep up with it, can you give me a two line synopsis?

Is it not a myth that they lost the gate?

Sophie Toscan du Plantier murder inquiry: Blood-stained gate was not ‘lost’, gardaí reveal | Independent.ie.

1 Like

I am an animal on two feet’ – Ian Bailey’s black diary shines a lurid light on his sexual fantasies

Senan Molony

Sophie Toscan du Plantier’s death was a bloody Death in December, as the title of one of the books about her murder described it.

Ian Bailey died in January, also out in the open. But was he responsible for the savagery that wrenched Sophie’s life away 27 years ago?

They were both aged 39 when she was killed in 1996. If Bailey is gone too soon – to the frustration of justice and the Du Plantier family – Sophie should still be alive, aged 66 and living in West Cork.

The mystery surrounding her death is not without strong clues. Ironically – in light of the non-prosecution of Bailey in Ireland – there was a legal process in Cork that throws a certain light on his long-professed innocence.

It was exactly 20 years ago this month that judgment was reached in a libel case against several newspapers, brought by Bailey to Cork Circuit Civil court.

It turned into a disaster for the plaintiff, who claimed he was being portrayed as violent enough to be the killer and a likely fit, therefore defamed – whereas he had pronounced himself the chief suspect and said: “They are not looking for anyone else.”

As for violence, the court also heard of that, and about entries in a vile “black diary” kept by Bailey, which focussed on his sexual perversions, and included his own sketches, crude in more ways than one.

The court heard of three violent assaults carried out by Bailey on his then partner Jules Thomas.

In one of them, he had attacked her with a crutch he was using while his leg was in plaster.

She sustained a black eye, a swollen cheek, a bruised lip, a cut chin and other injuries.

‘In an act of awful violence I severely damaged you and made you feel death was near’

Bailey said in evidence: “Well, she pulled the crutch towards her… she started pulling the crutch. I was trying to get it back and she was pulling. It may have come in contact with her.

“On occasions in the past when we have drink, it has led to violence. I have a temper.”

He was downplaying the horrendous assaults he had carried out, especially a ferocious one in May 1996, which resulted in Jules Thomas being hospitalised in Cork.

That was just seven months before Sophie’s murder.

Sophie Toscan du Plantier

The court was told that after that assault on Ms Thomas, Bailey would not give the keys of the car to the victim’s daughter, in an attempt to prevent his partner being brought to hospital.

A neighbour was forced to intervene and bring her for treatment. In court, Bailey accepted he should have accompanied her to hospital but did not.

But the most devastating evidence came when Paul Gallagher, counsel for the newspapers and later attorney general, read from Bailey’s own diary entries: “I am an animal on two feet.”

The plaintiff interjected to explain that he was “writing in a style” not to be taken literally.

Mr Gallagher, reading from a diary entry made at the time of the May 1996 assault, said: “One act of whiskey-induced madness… and in an act of awful violence I severely damaged you and made you feel death was near.”

Bailey replied: “That was written in an abstract form.”

The court audience groaned.

Bailey’s former partner Jules Thomas

Mr Gallagher said: “You said you made her feel death was near?”

Bailey replied: “Death is always near… it isn’t to be taken literally.”

Then Mr Gallagher read again from the diary.

“And as I write I know there is something badly wrong with me.

“I am afraid for myself, a cowardly fear, for although I have damaged and made grief your life, I have damaged my own destiny and future to the point I can see that in destroying you I destroyed me… and time will tell that I am damned to hell.”

Bailey also wrote in the diary: “I feel a sense of sickness at seeing my account of that dreadful night. I actually tried to kill her.”

He squirmed repeatedly on the stand when confronted, over and over, with that phrase: “I actually tried to kill her.”

In Bailey’s view, it turned out he didn’t attempt anything of the sort.

“I’m totally, totally obsessed by sex. I love my drugs and adore alcohol,” he said.

Was this diary entry also abstract? Was he not “totally obsessed by sex”? One entry had a detailed account of sex with someone who screamed with pain, and he wrote that this did not matter because he was in control.

He told the court these were sexual fantasies in writing, not necessarily reports of real events.

Mr Gallagher pointed out that Bailey had removed the diaries from his house and given them to a neighbour for safe-keeping.

A cross erected at the spot where Sophie Toscan du Plantier was murdered close to her holiday home near Toormore, Cork. Photo: Mark Condren

But they were subsequently obtained by members of the murder investigation team, and the newspapers, on discovery, were able to enter them as evidence.

Judge Patrick Moran said in his ruling, delivered on January 19, 2004: “Violence once would be unusual. Violence twice very unusual. Three times is exceptional.

“The district court gave a six-month suspended sentence because his partner said she forgave him. Otherwise the judge would have had no hesitation imposing a custodial sentence.

“I certainly have no hesitation in describing Mr Bailey as a violent man – and I think the defendants have no problem in describing him as violent towards women, plural.”

One thing I’m surprised at there seemed to be a lot of kind of blow ins in the the whole story but no rural / local type simpletons turned up ?

Maybe the local guards robbed that role.

1 Like