The Ian Bailey is dead thread

OK youā€™re just shouting now.

1 Like

It isnā€™t about him.

Itā€™s about the person who got away with the brutal murder of Sophie.

I do have sympathy for Bailey despite him being a bad type. He was framed by the guards and the media and his life was destroyed due to it.

Do you think itā€™s appropriate for the guards to have called to the school of a 14 year old and question him without any permission?

Iā€™d say his silence is possibly two faceted.

1. A prosecution against Bailey was probably unwinnable by then with the way the case was botched.

2. He was probably a bright young lad with a good future and involvement in this might have held him back.

I donā€™t think there is reason to disbelieve him.

Bailey was convicted in the court in France. His mother showed up and it was fairly clear she was fed up his story was used. She empathised the part where the guards showed up at a 14 year olds school and questioned him.

Thatā€™s completely inappropriate behaviour and ties in with a lot of evidence the guards tried to frame Bailey.

Ms Reed, 60, told the court Malachi, who is now in his mid-30s, claimed at the time that Bailey had confessed to the killing as he gave him a lift home.
She said that on February 4 1997, her son had admitted getting a lift from Bailey while Bailey was quite drunk.
ā€œHe told me something had happened in the car and he didnā€™t realise how serious it was,ā€ she said.
ā€œMr Bailey had turned round to him in the car and said ā€˜I went up there and smashed her brains in with a rockā€™.ā€
She continued: ā€œHe was very upset and I said to him that it was a very serious thing and we had to speak to the gardai ā€“ it wasnā€™t for us to decide what this thing was about and we just told the guards.ā€
Ms Reed said, according to Malachi, the comment had come out of nowhere and they hadnā€™t been talking about the case.
She said he hadnā€™t told her straight away because he had been afraid she would be angry with him for getting in a car with Bailey when he was clearly drunk.
The witness said that following the alleged comment from Bailey, Malachi had been so frightened he had bought new locks for their doors.
Ms Reed said the incident had a huge effect on her sonā€™s life, which was made even harder because of his age.
She said: ā€œThen Mr Bailey took the newspapers to court a few years later and Malachi went to court for that case and the newspapers put him all over the front page so he was very famous in Ireland for a while and that was not easy for him.ā€

Youā€™re fairly liberal with your interpretation of her evidence

He couldnā€™t lie straight in the bed that lad

1 Like

You can listen to the podcast yourself.

Those are direct quotes from her evidence :man_shrugging:t2:

Listen to the podcast like a good man and donā€™t be making a fool out of yourself again.

Did Sam write you back yet?

Iā€™d love to know what guards are involved in breaking Baileys apartments this week and will now apparently need months to analyse what they found.

I wonder are they same guards who told locals it was Bailey he done it and that heā€™d murder Again, the same guards who lost key forensic evidence and the same guards who threatened witnesses to change their stories on multiple occasions.

Itā€™s strange that somebody who works in the legal profession appears to not know this.

If I were on a hypothetical jury in the hypothetical trial of Ian Bailey for murder which will never happen, Iā€™d very likely vote to acquit him.

Doesnā€™t change that I think in the real sense heā€™s guilty as hell.

2 Likes

Itā€™s 27 years ago pal; Iā€™d say most of them have retired

4 Likes

That kind of sums up where Iā€™m at with it. Can you convict someone beyond reasonable doubt.
I think he did it. If he committed the crime in 2020 and not 1996 heā€™d likely have been in the dock. Weā€™ve seen with Joe O Reilly and Graham Dwyer that circumstantial evidence was key in securing both convictions. Especially with the former where mobile phone activity and mast signal triangulation was able to put him in a place other than where he said he was. Iā€™m not sure any DNA forensic data was used in either case.

1 Like

Yeah but listen to the podcast where Seth Rogan says Mrs Reed and her son were lying, bailey was lying when he agreed he had cuts on his hands, and ten Haag is a more successful manager than jurgen klopp because he won the Beezer homes league with the most expensive squad in world football.
Donā€™t make me repeat myself.

3 Likes

Are you going to explain why your man Sheridan should screw up a murder investigation by naming the suspect in the paper yet?

Itā€™s amazing how many lads are willing to justify guarda corruption on here.

Thereā€™s no evidence to suggest Bailey is guilty though unless you believe the lies the guards and the media pedalled.

They seem to have convinced everyone the murder
Took place between 1 am to 3 am as it ties in with their theory Bailey was still up.

I donā€™t see any evidence to suggest it was during that time and the post mortem suggests it was Early morning.

Where did I justify corruption? Most guards at that time could retire after 30 years of service. Itā€™s common sense that the investigation team at the time are either dead or retired.