The Ian Bailey is dead thread

Mark cagney was a bit cheeky with Bailey this mornin on newstalk, even called him a narcissist . Bailey failed in his bid to stop Netflix airing his interview . The show is out today

1 Like

Baileys response was epic.

Along the lines of "Iā€™m not a narcissist. As you know narcissist is a word derived from the latinā€¦ā€™.

Cagney was enjoying winding him up asking him why he was engaging with the media as heā€™s already been deemed innocent. Bailey didnā€™t think to just state outright that he needs to try and clear his name.

6 Likes

Is it just a coincidence that two TV documentaries on this have been released within a week of each other 25 years later?

1 Like

that reminds me of a certain kilkenny poster :smiley:

1 Like

I like gardening but Iā€™m not a narcissistā€¦

1 Like

The Netflix Doc is up today.

1 Like

The guard drawing a picture of Baileyā€™s hands because they didnā€™t have a camera in the middle of a murder investigation :laughing:

3 Likes

Straight out of Father Ted.

I think youā€™ve answered your own questions there

Did you see the fuckin sketch :laughing: ā€¦my God, fucking tinpot stuff altogether

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, itā€™s a duck

1 Like

First episode. Investigators come down from dublin and have to rewire a phone box to call the local Gardai. No cb radios etc for them back then? Keystone cop stuff

The lad that rewired the phone seems a decent and competent man. The lead superintendent is an archetypal Carkie. Cant decide whether heā€™s a cute hoor or a dimwit.
My two take homes after 2.5 episodes

1. West cork is beautiful
  2. West cork is absolutely rammed full of complete oddballs.
  3. The white ghost in the castle is bizarre.
  4. No wonder Ian Bailey tried to stop getting it aired. This far all the circumstantial evidence points in his direction.
  5. Ian Bailey isnā€™t wired up right or heā€™d have moved, innocent or guilty.
5 Likes

Mick Clifford talking about the case on Eamon Dunphts podcast today.
Clifford is generally interesting and balanced.

2 Likes

Who hasnā€™t lit a bonfire Christmas morning?

Iā€™ve watched the Sky series in full now, my missus is interested in the case and it was mildly entertaining, Sheridan annoys me for no particular reason, just seems very unlikeable, the editing which implied Baileys descent into serious alcoholism was fascinating, you donā€™t often see people really drunk like that on TV especially, when it happens in real life youā€™d most likely be in a similar state or trying to get away from it.
The main question I have is why the French are so 100% certain that he is the killer, absolutely no doubt about it? Marie Farrells early statements canā€™t be taken seriously and the sarcasm is a reasonably plausible explanation for the ā€˜confessionsā€™ in the context of the time.
The investigation by the Gardai and associates would be hilarious if it wasnā€™t so serious

Cops sitting in traffic in every provincial shithole on the way down then as well. Could they not have turned on the blue lights?

2 Likes

I watched the netflix one. I cant understand how they could not make a connection between Bailey and Sophie. Sophie told a couple of friends that she knew him and was going to meet him. Nobody in west cork could verify that they knew eachother.

Exactly the same here.

1 Like

People would say that he moved due to guilt