The Ian Bailey is dead thread

Basically his responses in that interview are nonsense. They phrases he uses and way he answers the questions seem to be major red flags for the trained interrogators.

Fucking hell that is unbelievable stuff.

1 Like

I will say one thing, this “trained body language expert” type thing is a cod. It should have as much credence in the eyes of any right minded person as the Madeline McCann cadaver dog, i.e. none whatsoever.
The circumstantial evidence points towards IB, and I strongly suspect he is guilty based on it alone, but the DPP will be no fool, and you can only agree that there simply isn’t enough evidence to bring it to trial.

1 Like

I dont think anyone is suggesting DPP is wrong or there wasn’t enough evidence to bring about a trial. Brass tacks the question is if you think he did it or not. We can all agree he will never see the inside of a courtroom. Some people think he did it others think he didn’t. I think it is interesting to see different angles. Body language experts can be seen as a bit of a pseudo science or even an oxymoron if you believe you cant be an expert in a field that isn’t a science. But it is a useful tool in conjunction with others and not in isolation. Interrogators can be quite skilled and know what buttons to press and can tell when someone is lying. Then some people are impervious to psycho analysis and do not correlate to an answer you would expect from a sample of a population.

What I found interesting from the video was how Bailey would answer the question into his individual actions from the point of view of how a third person would answer it. Bailey was totally flummoxed by the question of how someone gets scratched by a Turkey. Up to then it was probably put to him if and when did it happen as opposed to how it could possibly happen in terms of the intricacies of it. To be honest you wouldn’t need to be a body language expert to know that his story and sequence of events is not convincing and his scrambling is desperate.

2 Likes

The thing about the turkey story is that it’s unnecessary, he could have just said he also scratched his head while climbing and cutting the top off the tree.

He’s not really ‘living’ in any one place. He’s still in West Cork currently. He won’t leave that area.

I dont know boss. I’m only relaying what I heard on the radio today

Is the house still there or what became of it?

The son still visits.

Unfortunately has become a bit of a tourist attraction in itself in recent weeks. And it isn’t easy find. Neighbours (Fosters) have put their house up for sale

I hear Ian Bailey is house hunting and would know that area well.

He is house hunting. But further up the Coast. He won’t stray from West Cork or too far from the sea.

1 Like

Or the dole office

2 Likes

A young, pretty, blonde mother was viciously assaulted and died at the scene.

The Post Mortem reported approx 50 wounds.

There were no eye witnesses and, apparently, no motive.

It generated worldwide interest and speculation was rife, especially in the local area.

A man was arrested on the word of a somewhat dubious eye witness. He was a local oddball with some rather strange interests.

He claimed an alibi but was forced to change it when obvious issues with conflicting times arose. This revision was regarded as proof of his mendacity and formed a pillar of the police case against him .

He was further accused of being in possession of information about the attack, that only the killer could know.

He claimed that he did not know the victim and had never met her.

No evidence could be found to link him to her.

His arrest was leaked to the press an a scrum of reporters awaited his arrival at the police station.

Speculation amongst the population ran riot, fuelled by the media. In the court of public opinion he was immediately found guilty.

The police sought no other suspects but concentrated on finding whatever evidence they could, tenuous or otherwise, to fit their belief that he was the perpetrator.

He was abused on the street. His home was attacked.

A sting operation was contrived by the police in a vain attempt to trick him into saying something incriminating.

The case, as presented by the police was unceremoniously rubbished and he was freed.

The press and the public however, driven by the refusal of the police to accept his innocence, continued to villify the man, making his and his family’s life a misery for many years.

The man was and is totally innocent of the crime.

2 Likes

Hi Ian, welcome to TFK.

24 Likes

Cork weirdos and Internet meet. Dont trust people you meet on the Internet

The only thing that could happen to make our forum even more strange might have just happened.

If your correct and he is OIUTF, it could be box office.

2 Likes

Were one of his interests you mentioned battering the shit out of women and pulling clumps of hair out of their scalp?

1 Like

OIUTF?