The Ian Bailey is dead thread

This is quite possibly true.

He was a journalist sure. They would like to give the impression of being uber intelligent. He wasn’t a complete simpleton.

There’s a difference between being intelligent and being streetwise. Bailey is about as streetwise as a new born spring lamb. His actions over the last 25 odd years prove that. Once the case against him became impossible to back up, he should have disappeared into the wilderness. But no.

1 Like

The husband had been over with her several times beforehand. He would have been able to give the hitman detailed directions. He knew she’d be up early to get the flight home.

The suspect hitman is known to have travelled by car. I took the ferry back around then. We just rolled on and off, no passports were checked. Just before Christmas, his timing was perfect. Ports were busy.

She kopped him, perhaps twigging a French accent. She fled the house. He caught up to her and improvised. Perhaps returning via England.

1 Like

I thought the husband bought the house for her but never travelled over?

Go out past the Gaa pitch, past the bad bend in the road, there’ll be a road to your right, don’t take that. After you pass the two small hillocks turn left, straight on at the fairy Fort and she’s the second house on the left after the hay field with the whitethorn bushes by the stone wall.

4 Likes

Hi Agatha :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

I fancy myself more an Inspector Morse type character actually.

If you like I can investigate who broke your daughters laptop.
But it’ll will cost you.

1 Like

I was a hitman from the foreign legion with a concrete block.

1 Like

That’s very true about the boat. They’re very lax on passports and don’t even seem to check cars. I thought it was funny that the list of permitted items pre-Covid included a “sporting gun”:joy:.

Also the husband never travelled over to identify the body. Which is very strange indeed.

Knowing full well that if he was somehow implicated that he’d never get back to France. His safest bet was stay in France.

I’d be more inclined to see you as Inspector Rebus scoffing sly scotches in the Oxford bar….

2 Likes

The Oxford bar is a great spot.

1 Like

The biggest hole in the husband story is that Sophie’s family are categorical it’s Bailey and you’d think they’d know more than anyone how Sophie was getting on with him or if he was conniving that way.

1 Like

If her son implicated his step father, would it have any implications on any inheritance he might get?

She saw a lad outside her house and copped he was french because of his accent? Just out in a field shouting in a French accent. And her first reaction to copping a guy with a French accent is to flee the house? Was it inspector Clouseau?

3 Likes

It seems the Gardai were telling the family from very early on that it was Bailey and they were working on putting together a case against him.

The Garda liaising with the French was Martin Callinan who went on to become Garda Commissioner and wasn’t dodgy at all. :roll_eyes:

I’ll have to explain it all in more detail tomorrow. I’m tired tonight. Had a busy weekend.

1 Like
1 Like

Yer wan Marie Farrell said she saw a man following and watching sofie on the Main Street in schull. She said he was wearing a beret ! All she was short was saying he had a ring of onions around his neck

7 Likes