The Ian Bailey is dead thread

The stripey jumper and the beret were a giveaway

And the smell of garlic.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing of course but letā€™s say it played out like this.

The hitman calls probably by car via the access road to the back of her house. This blocks her escape route to he only two neighbours, left and right. He knows sheā€™s up so he knocks on the door letting on to be a taxi driver or something. Either way she let him in or he may have had a key given to him by the husband.

The original plan was probably a murder/burglary type scenario, but when she fled out the front door and down the field to the road he had to change plans and killed her with a concrete block at the gap onto the road.

He returns to the house smearing her blood on the back door accidentally. Thereā€™s no point faking a burglary now so he drives off without delay as her body is on a public road in clear view should a neighbour pass.

Heā€™s probably back in France long before the pathologist arrives.

1 Like

In the study with the candlestick.

Your heart isnā€™t in this, is it Flatty?

Not really. I do like the idea of a beret wearing pencil moustachioed garlic reeking mime artist lookalike assassin sneaking about West cork in the depths of winter though.

5 Likes

The beret?

That one is crackersā€¦

Why wouldnā€™t a hitman just strangle her instead of smashing a concrete block off her head repeatedly .
This was a crime of passion 100%

1 Like

Absolutely agree Alanā€¦the main objective of a hitman is ā€œnot to be caughtā€ and heā€™s not going to risk leaving a body on the side of the road and messing around with the assassination in a messy and uncoordinated attackā€¦
He will give himself as much time as possible to get away cleanlyā€¦you said crime of passion!!.. surely it must have been.

Thereā€™s no passion smashing in a womanā€™s head with a concrete block. Sounds like the quickest and most effective method to me.

Ok, Iā€™ll admit I didnā€™t fully understand what a ā€œcrime of passionā€ is. Itā€™s a crime committed due to sudden rage rather than premeditated. Seems there is no need for love or passion at all.

Big Ian back on the telly again next Monday.

I wonder could Louis Theroux be convinced to spend a week or two with Bailey, heā€™d be the man to turn the screw

Or Lucy Kennedy, thatā€™d be brilliant and Bailey would sign up :grinning:

7 Likes

Bailey would never turn down a media appearance

Theroux would be great. Slow, methodical disarming and dissection. Heā€™d have Baileyā€™s ego so inflated, its popping from the prick of pointed questions would be box office

4 Likes

Youā€™re right on therouxā€¦ problem is Bailey has probably seen your post and he will be on to this, itā€™s a pity

1 Like

Bailey isnā€™t a media puppy anymoreā€¦ heā€™d have to be drunk around theroux, pissed off his face would be the only way I think

If you lived down there youā€™d knowā€¦you canā€™t imagine the amount of collateral heā€™s caused in Schull and the surrounding areas to peoples lives, he loves it

It seems Carkness can be learnt.