The Ian Bailey is dead thread

https://twitter.com/newstalkfm/status/1749360218327101571?s=46

A lot of circumstantial against him. Lack of any other credible suspect. If her husband wanted her dead then it would have been far easier to arrange in France. Suggests it was a local. He may not have done it but fuck me he’s a very credible suspect.

It would also make it far more obvious it was him if she was killed in France

Frank Buttimer can go back now to defending Wayne O’Donoghue.

3 Likes

No. Hired hitman would leave a trail. They checked info on incoming passengers a few days up to the murder. Far easier arrange an accidental death in France.

A classic of the “you can’t libel the dead” genre

Im not sure he could have been libeled* while alive considering how much negative stuff has been said about him and how hated he was.

Could probably use the conviction in France against him too

ah jaysus, you couldnt at all

"He also accepted the evidence of local shopkeeper Marie Farrell, "

I never knew what to think about this case bar the gardai made a fuck of it and heads should have rolled for that alone.

But I heard the clip of the interview with him this morning about how the scratches were from killing turkeys. Sounded ridiculous to me and completely swung my view on it.

1 Like

the DPP re[port on the AGS file

DPP’s Report | (wordpress.com)

Thats a great read and certainly rhymes with my patched together long winded post from a few years ago. I particularly liked the turn of phrase when this journalist asked him about the Christmas trees cue Baileys mouth “opening and closing like a goldfish” and who would “put up a tree on 23rd of December”. The journalist is very definition of a pragmastist. When Bailey asks him for his theory the journalists response leaves Bailey speechless again with his powers of deduction. You do get a sense of how falsehoods and seeds of doubt Bailey planted grew to fruition in many peoples minds, but thats how narcissists gaslight. They would make you question your own sanity. Deliver it with an air of confidence then, and their lies can travel around the world before the truth has had a chance to put its shoes on.

6 Likes

Did they play the clip of him explaining why he was burning a ‘mattress’ on St Stephenses night (cc @maurice_brown )

Joe Duffy is going to solve the case this afternoon

I had him on in the car there. Fuck me but he is some dose. Open up the COTY 2023 again!!

2 Likes

Everyone interested in the case needs to read that article. The overwhelming balance of probabilities say it’s him.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1749418259286269983

6 Likes

That would have been something else.