The Ian Bailey is dead thread

ā€œthe discovery in 1997 of an unopened bottle of wine in bushes on the Kealfadda road by a farmhand, a couple of hundred metres from the entrance to the boreen leading to Sophieā€™s house, was kept secret.ā€

This a long with the two wine glasses on the kitchen counter is as significant any of the
Rope the media focus on like the scratches on Baileys hand or him arriving on the scene in jig time but it gets no air time.

Itā€™s quite clear the guards and the media stitched up Bailey imo. There isnā€™t a shred of evidence against him.

She is married was supposedly out to meet another man that night. For whatever reason.
Did she only give up his name years later after he had died?
Not sure if I read that somewhere before or have it arse ways.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure she ever gave up his name did she? The only fact around her was she was asked to change her description of the man she saw at the bridge from a low sized man to a tall man to fit the description of Bailey.

A local?

This is what she later claims is t it?

If so i wouldnā€™t put any credibility in that either,.

Iā€™ve finally started to get genuinely interested in this after all these years of complete apathy purely because Bailey died the other day and it now seems the current thing again.

Could somebody obsessive about the case please fill us in a bit on the following characters:

The German guy who was a musician who doesnā€™t have an alibi and committed suicide a couple of months later. Karl Heinz Wollney was his name.

Alfie Lyons and Leo Bolger. Is there any truth to the comment Iā€™ve just read on a Reddit forum that one or other of them were dealing/growing weed, or is it just something somebody on a forum made up?

The French guy who had an affair with Mrs. Du Plantier and does seem to have been quite violent towards her seems to have a cast iron alibi that he was in Paris at the time of the murder.

A lot of these documents went missing conveniently.

Was she herself ever seriously considered?
She is the only one putting herself close to the crime scene in the night in question.

Leo Bolger claimed to the guards he introduced Sophie to Bailey.

He was a convicted drug dealer for a finish alright.

Who was the oddball that was stealing gas canisters around that time? The Netflix doc alluded to him briefly.

Sophieā€™s son seems to be utterly convinced that itā€™s Bailey anyway. As do the French authorities. Thereā€™s just too many coincidences with the Christmas tree spiel, the cuts, the killing a Turkey spiel, the previously and subsequently abusive relationship with females in his life. Christ it was even a red light that he was living in West Cork to begin with following the abrupt end of his marriage and journalism career in England. Thatā€™s before we delve into his admission of guilt in the pub and his remarkably early awareness of the murder.

1 Like

https://pcdettmann.medium.com/sophie-toscan-du-plantier-the-unusual-suspects-ee0269411cd3

Article here about Wollney and another guy called Pecout. West Cork was awash with oddballs, drifters, misfits, self titled artists and poets. Still is. Its a fascinating idiosyncratic melting pot. It wouldnt have been uncommon for many british or other non nationals to travel without papers and escape from something (where have we heard this before). Also wouldnt have been uncommon to grow weed in the area. Per capita they are miles ahead of anywhere else in the country in that regard.

This case of another near 80 year old English fella in Skiberrean gave me a right laugh before Christmas. Corkman told by judge to stop growing cannabis replied: 'There is no chance Ma'am'

Year before another 73 year old Englishman also up in court with growing weed. There was almost a movement of weedgrowing in West Cork and it wouldnt have come as a surprise if Bulger or Lyons were participating in it. It was of a time. Maybe it was used for creative juices or see things differently or perhaps to fit into the slower pace of life but its mad how rife it was and still is down there.

Abusing a partner probably didnā€™t make you top five worst cunts in the area at the time unfortunately.

I read a bit about yer man Pecout a few hours ago. I suppose what Iā€™m trying to say in a round about way is what are the chances of Pecout, Wollney, Lyons or Bolger having done it.

Pecout committed suicide in March 1997, he had apparently been suffering from cancer. I know nothing about Wollney bar the bare details but he strikes me as at least being somebody of interest.

I guess the wild theory about Lyons/Bolger is that maybe Sophie came across them growing something they shouldnā€™t have been growing. I find that a very wild theory though and Iā€™d be flabbergasted if either were in any way linked to her death.

Rte doing a prime time special now with some fella on to tell us Ian Bailey was obviously guilty. Has this sort
Of thing every happened in any other case in Ireland?

They should put it to a public vote.

Also in the scenario it was Bailey why would Sophie lock the door and get into bed or at least prepare to bed and then walk out side to a man she didnā€™t know in the middle of the night? She had hiking boots on and the keys were in the inside of the door.

It doesnā€™t make any sense.

But she did know him.

She didnā€™t know him. Not personally. Itā€™s likely he knew of her but thatā€™s about it.

The guards got the convicted drug dealer to drum up a story he introduced Sophie to Bailey but thatā€™s about it. Nothing concrete at all.

1 Like

You canā€™t believe anything from that kangaroo nonsense over in France.

It was lies, lies and more lies.

The guards told them it was Bailey and the French worked back from there.