The Insurance Thread

They could get rid of whiplash as a diagnosis.
Job done.

No mate , insurance companies are engaging in anti competitive practices and while the free state government accept this our eu overlords wont

3 Likes

What sector of Irish companies are not involved in anti competitive practices?

Ones where there are a lot of competitors and ones where companies don’t abuse their dominant position

I’ve never experienced either in Ireland, but perhaps it’s because I avoid greater Dublin, except for the airport obviously.

@Fitzy, h’much are you paying?

$700 odd for the CTP and $110/month for the fully comp with me (Focus). I have no idea if this is extortionate or not.

I’ll have to have a look tonight, but it’s more than that. What have you done to your avatar?

Please do.

That’s me.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t recognise your ruddy Monaghan complexion.

This Kevin Thompson, CEO of Insurance Ireland, always makes me want to vomit when he appears on the news, Prime Time etc.

1 Like

Is your insurance very expensive pal?

Met him last week, he’s grand.

True

Can I take it he posts here ?

I think he’s very skilled at obfuscation when asked direct questions about his industry engaging in alleged cartel type practices.

I saw him on Claire Byrnes opposite a lad from the law society. He fairly nailed the law society guy if I recall correctly. Maybe it was the other way around though, but I think it wasn’t.

The law guy nailed him

Think you covered all the angles there

1 Like

Can you just stick someone else’s name on a policy to reduce your car insurance?

As in a named driver? That won’t reduce your premium.