The Insurance Thread

Car insurance came in there just under 800 for renewal with aviva. Bit of pricking around got 590 with Zurich (including 3 points this year)

1 Like

Got down to 567 with a discount code from 3 Plus. First time below 800.

1 Like
1 Like

A strongly worded letter from the central bank. That’ll sort em

1 Like

Ah lads, seriously, come on!

Or Pearse Doherty

My car premium renewal is gone up by about 150-200 quid this year, and that’s before I tell them I have 3 penalty points to add.

Chill.ie are offering me a couple of ridiculous deals which is 250 quid cheaper than my renewal, allowing for the penalty points. One is with Allianz and one is with a crowd call Ivernia who I have never heard of. A small bit of research seems to show they in a good light. They’re not a Quinn Direct style operation. Anyone ever heard of them before out of interest?

I’m with them. Chill must have some tie-in with them, they’re underwritten by La Parisienne, they were a good bit cheaper for me as well. Haven’t had any issue but haven’t needed to claim anything

1 Like

What harm if they were a Quinn Direct operation, unless someone actually crashes into you and you need money off them.

€25k is ridiculous (I must collect my €75k) but it’s fair thick to be letting young lads play a game of hurling with no helmet in this day and age

This followed Judge O’Callaghan approving a separate award of €18,000 for the teenager due to him sustaining neck and back injuries in a road traffic accident five months prior to sustaining the nose break in the hurling match.

No defending that, but the other twenty grand for “whiplash” injuries that he had recovered sufficiently from to go hurling in the first place

2 Likes

And lads go mad at the insurance companies.

That time of the year again. Car insurance down around 10% from last year going off the renewal notice but think I might be able to knock a small bit more off.

Am I right in saying that I am entitled to some form of rebate from the first lockdown?

You are entitled to nathin, a few of them gave token rebates that weren’t even worth speaking about. Insurance rates should be way down though given you won’t be driving anywhere next year either

I changed farm insurance from FBD to Zurich and saved 400 quid. Those rotten fucking bastards.

1 Like

Lads anyone get public liability insurance regularly? With who and any details appreciated. Our insurer is riding us a bit, telling us we’re lucky to get the same quote as last year even though we stopped activities in early March.

I get it with Zurich thru a broker in Wexford if you want details.

1 Like