The Irish in Britain

Was possibly before that or even on the day i was told that, we have a Reading supporter living locally, and it was he was saying it. All the days at X-Mass roll into one.

31 goals in 150 odd games says it all

he got caught under the ball alright. Looked on first glance that Drogba handled it and between Friedel and the three other defenders it passed through, Dunne might well be down the list to blame for that goal. Kalou exposed Clark a little when he came on. Clark was very decent on the ball and Gabby protected him well for about 70 mins but he made a few mistakes positionally after that. Thought in the main that Dunne had a fine game. Drogba and Anelka were it must be said pretty hopeless. Michael Essien had a nightmare too while hapless best described Paulo Ferreira.

i fuckin knew it

Kilbane lording it here for Town against Wednesday. Irish U-21 cap Anthony Pilkington with a screamer. On Sky Sports 1 for anyone interested. Very good game. Clinton Morrison had a goal ruled out for off-side.

anyone see david meyler play for sunderland? another irish player playing regular first team football.(he has just turned 21) i dont think its all doom and gloom. meyler,coleman,clarke, mccarthy, cunningham and duffy are all young players with alot of potential. though when keane retires its hard to see who is going to relace him.(dunphys world class player, kevin doyle, wouldnt score in a brothel…)

hey fucktard, if your going to speculate who is going to be in the Irish team in the next few years its time to include LOI players,a good chunk of the Irish team now are ex LOI players so time you opened your eyes jackass

What players do you seeing having the potential for jumping about 6 steps up the ladder to International TASE?

how will i ever get over an insult like that…lol…all i did was mention a few players with potential for the future and i get called a fucktard…the funniest part is its probably by a guy who hasnt had a job in ten years, is sitting in his shit stained jocks at the computer with last weeks pizza dripping down his one and only t-shirt…you really couldnt make it up…

How many steps up would you say it is for players who play in English third tier kev?

:clap:

I’d say about 3-4.

LOI is below League 2 level now Larry, weather you like to admit that or not.

2 more for Shane Long today…

Merely wondering kevin. No need for you to get short with me.
You did get short with me, whether you like to admit that or not.

weather?

well if you look at the current set up- hunt,long,doyle,fahey,coleman are all LOI trained

id have hopes for amond, stevens to make the breakthrough- with Rovers all our best players are scottish or from the 6- rice is probaly too old

purcells success last season suggests that its not

It’s clearly a typo. Why the need to hone in on it? Why?

FFS.

cos its about the 10th time he’s done it and it irritates the fuck out of me.

Yes, and that training has benefited them IMO, and i think i have heard them all nearly say the same too, and their managers as well in at least the case of Doyle, Long & Coleman. But bar Coleman, they all came from a much higher standard of LOI

Ah thats one player, i’m not suggesting nobody can make it, history shows otherwise. But i would suggest there are far far less now than in the recent past. I was asking a serious question, i wasn’t trying to slag off the LOI. But bar maybe SR, Sligo and at a stretch Bohs (who are just hackers imo, but too physical for most teams) who can play any sort of football and have any prospects at all with them. The physicality of the league seems to have dropped as well.

I mean the best any player at the moment could realistically hope for, is to get taken by a League 1 side, get promoted, and then have a better than average Championship season. Possibly been seen then. But i really doubt the present Irish management are watching out for many guys of this type.