The Isuzu ute A league

This is coming around pretty soon again

Saw a good snippet on TV about the CCM playing Wellington in Sydney in one of the rounds. They are playing where Spirit used to play. Spirit used to get great crowds & the demand for football in Sydney is huge

We should make the finals again btw

Did you make the finals this year? I think you’re in trouble this year, your coach will be gone by round 6.

We won it, the entire competition, that is the A League, by the way. Thats the Central Coast Mariners.

It’ll be deadly this coming season. Early prediction - Melbourne Victory will run away with it.

How good are the Mariners? On Sunday we play two games in two different countries. Is this a first?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/One-Sunday-two-countries-two-matches/75772

Got my 2013/14 Membership pack this week and the sticker now adorns the back windscreen of the Aston.

Hyundai A-League kicks off tonight with Sydney FC, captained by Alessandro Del Piero playing Newcastle who are missing their marquee (:D) player Emille Heskey through injury.

Huge night at Blue Tongue stadium tomorrow in Gosford as my beloved Mariners (the reigning champions) take on Western Sydney Wanderers in the grand final repeat showdown. It’ll be a full house and should be a good game. We’ve lost a lot of key players since we won the grand final, so a bit of a transition year ahead for the Mariners, if we make the finals I’ll be happy. Membership bought, sticker on back windscreen of car, jersey hanging up, ready for the season ahead.

I’m predicting Melbourne Victory to win the Hyundai A-League this year.

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - going to any games? Your lot away to Wellington this weekend, which should be a pretty handy 3 points for you.

A live game on every Friday night on SBS 2, which is a great development. After the huge success of last season, this one should be great.

Football is predicted to be the biggest game in Oz soon.

Great to see.

Think we are playing Sydney next week so will go to that. They are expecting a crowd of 30k for that. Wellington were shit last year but who knows how they will be this year.

ADP has handled himself with such integrity and honour since being here. A gent and a great.

Is your keeper playing in Europe now?

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 844238, member: 80”]Football is predicted to be the biggest game in Oz soon.

Great to see.

Think we are playing Sydney next week so will go to that. They are expecting a crowd of 30k for that. Wellington were shit last year but who knows how they will be this year.

ADP has handled himself with such integrity and honour since being here. A gent and a great.

Is your keeper playing in Europe now?[/quote]

Yeah, Mat Ryan is with Club Brugge now (currently 2nd in the Belgian Pro League), doing well with them. We’ve lost some real talent, Mat, Patrick Zwaanswijk huge loss (retired and now running the Mariners Academy, was talking to him the other day, he’ll probably take over from Graham Arnold as Mariners coach eventually), Bernie Ibini (Shangai, stupid move for him), Oliver Bozanic (Lucern in Switzerland), Pedj Bojic (went to Sydney).

ADP has been fantastic since he’s been here, he’s done so much to promote the game and I’m led to believe he is an absolute gentleman who has time to talk to any fan of any club. A mate of mine with his 5 year old son met him last year after a Sydney FC training session, asked him to sign a football. ADP took the football and played for 5 minutes with the kid, signed the ball, then gave my mate his taining top. Class act :clap:

fantastic that a player that was at one stage in the top 3 in the world is so humble.

Good preview here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/10/a-league-five-things-to-look-out-for

1-1 at Bluetongue on Saturday night, great to be back. Both teams looked unsurprisingly off pace, we should have won it really, the one cross Hersi got in off Josh Rose all night led to the WSW goal on 87 mins, 2 p0ints we should have had. Still, thats a pretty stern test first up, great atmosphere, 17000 at it.

Nice win for your boys @The Wild Colonial Bhoy . Adelaide look good, winning 3-1 against Perth (despite 8 yellows and 2 reds!). Melbourne derby fizzled, ADP was excellent against Newcastle)

i like this thread :clap:

cracking win for us across the pond

great celebrations when we scored at the end

Marinaders look shit this year too:clap:

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 845825, member: 80”]cracking win for us across the pond

great celebrations when we scored at the end

Marinaders look shit this year too:clap:[/quote]

That draw with WSW at the weekend was without our best player as well, former Celtic favourite Michael McGlinchy, who was on international service with NZ. We’re going to rip you lot to shreds TWCB. All you have is some washed up Cork cunt.

is kearney still out there?:eek:

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - you, me - car park now. So we play your lot on Sunday in Brisvegas - you going? A League hasn’t been as thrilling as last year, a lot of teams very unsettled and experimental. We’ve been awful, unsurprising really given the amount of players we lost after winning the grand final last year.

But we went to see them in F3 Derby against the scum on Saturday night. The newcastle scum unveiled this banner “We will never die, but you will”. We were wondering when the rest of it would be unveiled, but apparently that was it. Our dying team promptly knocked in 3 goals in the first half and that was the end of the scum. Heskey was playing for the scum. I can’t begin to describe to you how bad he is. So amazingly, having played rather badly all season, we sit in third, with a game in hand.

The Roar are flying and definitely setting the standard, so I reckon it will be cracking game on Sunday, now that we have our mojo back. TWCB -how has the news about Berisha gone down in Brisbane?

I said that the start of the season that Melbourne Victory would run away with it. But then Ange got the socceroos job and for some unfathomable reason, they go with Kevin Muscat as his replacement. Hows that going for you Kev? What, you’ve conceded 10 goals in your last 2 games? Good for you, you dirty cunt.

Its Roar’s to lose at this point mate.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 893945, member: 236”]@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - you, me - car park now. So we play your lot on Sunday in Brisvegas - you going? A League hasn’t been as thrilling as last year, a lot of teams very unsettled and experimental. We’ve been awful, unsurprising really given the amount of players we lost after winning the grand final last year.

But we went to see them in F3 Derby against the scum on Saturday night. The newcastle scum unveiled this banner “We will never die, but you will”. We were wondering when the rest of it would be unveiled, but apparently that was it. Our dying team promptly knocked in 3 goals in the first half and that was the end of the scum. Heskey was playing for the scum. I can’t begin to describe to you how bad he is. So amazingly, having played rather badly all season, we sit in third, with a game in hand.

The Roar are flying and definitely setting the standard, so I reckon it will be cracking game on Sunday, now that we have our mojo back. TWCB -how has the news about Berisha gone down in Brisbane?

I said that the start of the season that Melbourne Victory would run away with it. But then Ange got the socceroos job and for some unfathomable reason, they go with Kevin Muscat as his replacement. Hows that going for you Kev? What, you’ve conceded 10 goals in your last 2 games? Good for you, you dirty cunt.

Its Roar’s to lose at this point mate.[/quote]

Im not convinced by the Roar this year, the manager is a charlatan & the game vs adelaide exposed a lot of flaws, no one is consistent . The Glory are my team to hate, the way they treated their manager was a joke, victory too as well due to Muscat but the wheels have come off them big time, Rogic may make a difference.

what do you think of the violence & the clubs being docked points if it hapoens again, for me it reflects well on the league that people are passionate about their club, WSW have the best fans across all codes & also they have been a huge boost for social inclusion in NSW

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 894736, member: 80”]Im not convinced by the Roar this year, the manager is a charlatan & the game vs adelaide exposed a lot of flaws, no one is consistent . The Glory are my team to hate, the way they treated their manager was a joke, victory too as well due to Muscat but the wheels have come off them big time, Rogic may make a difference.

what do you think of the violence & the clubs being docked points if it hapoens again, for me it reflects well on the league that people are passionate about their club, WSW have the best fans across all codes & also they have been a huge boost for social inclusion in NSW[/quote]

The Roar are the most settled and battle hardened team in the league, they have to be favourites at the moment, but the team in its current form will probably break up after this season with Berisha gone and I reckon Broich is eyeing a move back home. Victory are a joke now, which is great, can’t see Rogic having a big impact there. Agreed about Perth, disgsuting what happened, but its basically down to that uber cunt Jacob Burns, who thinks the club revolves around him. He’s a shit footballr who spends most of his time suspended.

Ah the violence has been completely overdone by the sensationalist commercial media. A couple of fuckwits. the WSW supporters will soon bring these lads into line. They are deadly to be around, the WSW lads, I’ve had great fun with them at our games - they consider matches against the Mariners to be their real derby, they have no time for Sydney FC at all. Gombau has Adeliade playing great football and they could be a threat now that they’ve actually started winning.

If the forum shuts down over Cheltenham, can we leave this thread open? Things are starting to hot up. Sunday is going to be massive.

Jacob Burns? Is that cunt still on the go? He managed to talk himself into a Leeds contract back in the early 00’s. Presume he had the same cowboy agent as Paul Okon as they were both as shit as each other.

He is, he’s an unbelievable cunt and an atrocious footballer, Emile Hesley atrocious like. We played them at home on New Years Eve (2-1 to the Mariners, Trent Sainsbury’s first ever goal, Michael McGlinchy’s last before he went to Japan, in the 5th minute of injury time) - Burns was acting the cunt right through the game, got booked and then a few minutes later went off for blood treatment, then tried to come back onwithout the 4th officials say so, the ref promptly gave him his second yellow. Face on him, we all burst our holes laughing at him.

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - why can’t the Roar beat Newcastle (scum)? You’re a bolt on certainty for the grand final, I reckon you could be playing Adelaide which will make for a wonderful game, the brilliance of Broich meeting the tactical genius of Gombau.

We’re done, if we make the finals I’d be amazed, the quality of players we have left is terrible and we’re leaking goals. Last two games, we’ve started with 4 players who played in the grand final last year (and one of them has come back from a spell overseas).

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 904588, member: 236”]@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - why can’t the Roar beat Newcastle (scum)? You’re a bolt on certainty for the grand final, I reckon you could be playing Adelaide which will make for a wonderful game, the brilliance of Broich meeting the tactical genius of Gombau.

We’re done, if we make the finals I’d be amazed, the quality of players we have left is terrible and we’re leaking goals. Last two games, we’ve started with 4 players who played in the grand final last year (and one of them has come back from a spell overseas).[/quote]

was at it yesterday, cant see how Brisbane will win it baesd on that, Brioch is great to watch but the rest of them lack composure

very close league where anyone can beat anyone

watching the roar in suncorp in the sun is class, roll on Perth Glory