The Ivor Callely dismissal thread

wouldnt be surprised to see him get jail time if they have the proof, the establishment are fighting for their lives here, they dont want new parties and people who are interested in the country running it. that said, he’ll prbaly get less then the 6 minth sentence required to boot him out of the oireachteas

Ivor Callely resigns from Fianna Fáil party
Tuesday, 24 August 2010 22:10
Senator Ivor Callely has resigned from the Fianna Fáil organisation.

Mr Callely informed the party this evening of his decision to resign his membership with immediate effect.

It follows a meeting today with the Fianna Fáil committee set up to inquire into matters relating to Mr Callely’s controversial expenses claims.

Advertisement
In a statement, Mr Callely said the committee had refused an application made on his behalf for a further adjournment of the proceedings of the committee.

He said his 'resignation arose … because of the refusal of the committee to particularize alleged conduct ‘unbecoming a member’ of the Fianna Fáil party.

‘Senator Callely considers the committee’s findings as constituting a denial of fair procedures to allow him to vindicate his name and refute the allegations made against him.’

Mr Callely said he was ‘devastated at the refusal to accord him fair procedures which makes his resignation inevitable’.

He said he will now ‘concentrate on clearing his name before the Seanad Select Committee’.

Fianna Fáil said it had accepted Mr Callely’s resignation.

In a statement, the party said: ‘The committee proceeded in the absence of Senator Callely to conclude its investigation and made a finding of conduct unbecoming a member of Fianna Fáil.’

The cunt is off to the High Court seeking a judical review of the Seanad comittee findings against him.

he is such a hateful little cunt. No dignity at all in anyone in the government. :angry:

I will not be apologising to this rotten bent cunt, no matter what the High Court says. In the words of The Bull McCabe “There’s another law, stronger than the common law…”

I’m right here. Ready and waiting for battle.*

Yours etc,
GSH.

[size=“1”]*as long as I’m getting triple time and 2 days in lieu[/size]

we know you have the times digital subscription, so why not just link the article?

Ease of use for my fellow forumites.

1 Like

Thanks for that Fagan.