The Ivor Callely dismissal thread

I’m just going to post on here giving out about it.

Fair enough. Deciding to emigrate on this basis before you even give the Gardaí a chance to investigate seems a bit hasty though. Your choice at the end of the day I’d suppose!

I haven’t read that the Gardai have taken any interest in this case, that’s where my disillusionment lies. If it was currently in the hands of the Gardai I could adopt a more pragmatic wait and see approach but as it doesn’t seem to be my growing disenchantedment with the Gardai and by extension the state carries on unabated.

You have to laugh at FF really. They suspended Callely from the party last for “Conduct unbecoming to a member of the Fianna Fail organisation”. This from the party that never suspended Lawlor and still has Bertie knocking around the back benches. They must think we are gobshites. Ivor isn’t helping himself here either, seems that people connected to the Taoiseach tried to get in touch with Ivor but Ivor never answered or got back to them. They must have rang the wrong phone out of the 5 he has. :smiley:

The indo are are going to town on councillors expenses now as well, the Healy Ray brothers serving on the Kerry CC, took around €110,000 in payments between them over one year. Also Denis Hayes a Fine Gael councillor claimed €2.60 in milage and €17 subsistence to go attend a function a mile from his house. He claimed €106,000 over 2 years.

The average wage for a councillor including allowances and expenses is now about 3k above the average industrial wage. Not bad for a part time job.

heard about denis hayes yesterday, apparently its not his fault he was asked to sign a sheet to show his attendance at functions, apparently he declined 1800 later in the year that the co. co. didnt have

The pressure campaign has worked

Garda chief leads Callely probe

THE escalating controversy surrounding Ivor Callely’s expenses claims took a dramatic turn last night as Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy intervened personally in the affair.

As political pressure intensified on the embattled senator to quit the upper house, Commissioner Murphy wrote to the clerk of the Seanad after Green TD Paul Gogarty lodged an official complaint with gardaí urging them to investigate the allegations swirling around Mr Callely.

The move came as the Seanad’s watchdog ethics committee announced it would also probe allegations that Mr Callely forged invoices to claim almost €3,000 for phone kits when he was a junior minister in 2007.

Read more: http://examiner.ie/home/garda-chief-leads-callely-probe-127097.html#ixzz0vk4TvHBV

In fairness to Paul Gogarty fair play for him for actually going to the station about it. Easy to complain about nothing being done but he took the trouble to report it himself and forced the Garaí into investigating it.

I wonder if any member of the public could go in and make a complaint about Ivor or could only TD’s do it? I noticed that none of the FF brigade were running down to complain.

apperently they had a heap of complaints, and one was from a TD

Anyone could do it but I guess they wouldn’t be able to tell the media about it afterwards and force the Gardaí into action. It doesn’t rank alongside the greatest deeds ever done by a politician in this country but he took the trouble to intervene and stand up for the public so credit to him.

to be honest rocko i’d see it in a different light. if gogarty’s intentions were as you assert, surely the itme for reporting him to the gardai was back before the seanad enquiry into callely. it smacks at the moment of opportunism, self serving and self preservation on behalf of gogartty and by extension the green party

happy he did it, not convinced by the bona fides of him doing so

The Greens are getting more and more desparate in their attempts to save their own hides.

They’ve banned quadbiking in the mountains there a few days ago although it went largely unreported.

The Greens are scum.

Is that a joke TT?

Eh but he didn’t know about the forged expense claims before the Seanad enquiry.

On the quad biking??
It’s not, they also banned camping in some woods.

Afraid not kev.

These people will be buried in the next election.

I remember when this first broke I was discussing it with my mother and I said this chap is a criminal and I wonder if I could report him to gardai. She said I could. I didn’t of course. But then I mentioned it to a mate yesterday and he said I’d be laughed out the door of the station. I’m really curious to know would I have been. Hope this coont gets all that’s coming to him.

You can be off your head on drink and whatever else when you kill a child and not go to jail, what do you think is going to happen him for a measly 3k expenses fiddle?

yer a bad egg runt, a bad egg. :lol: