The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

E=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1046655, member: 2533”]Brolly never got battered by Gary Breen’s mate or literally shit himself in a Manchester night club when confronted by John Scales.[/QUOTE]
What happened there?

What happened there?[/QUOTE]

Gary Breen’s mate battered Roy Keane and @thedancingbaby shit himself in front of John Scales.

Brolly is an attention seeking loudmouth.

Keane is a prized dickhead

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1046767, member: 110”]Brolly is an attention seeking loudmouth.

Keane is a prized dickhead[/QUOTE]
And Gary Breens mate?

Sound as a pound

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1046767, member: 110”]Brolly is an attention seeking loudmouth.

Keane is a prized dickhead[/QUOTE]
Keane was only brought in to deflect performances/results

That’s what I thought myself, when the appointment was made

Listened back to the brolly kimmage paper review section there. Jesus it was a serious love in between the two lads. ‘Paul can’t let these things go cos he has such a romantic heart’
‘Joe brought me into his living room and played Chopin for me on the piano. It was beautiful. The mans a genius’.
Joe is obsessed with eulogising amateur sportsmen too and having little pot shots at professionals - soccer players in particular. Gets a bit much.

As much as I dislike Brolly I think he is dead right here.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-likens-gaa-stars-to-indentured-slaves-and-calls-for-massive-overhaul-of-fixture-system-30888054.html

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1067923, member: 24”]As much as I dislike Brolly I think he is dead right here.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-likens-gaa-stars-to-indentured-slaves-and-calls-for-massive-overhaul-of-fixture-system-30888054.html[/QUOTE]

It requires an overhaul but that’s too dramatic to ever happen. The championship has to be over the summer.
June to August is plenty time to get it played off. All of may and September then to play off club championships and it should be compulsory to be at x stage of the club championship by the end of May.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1067923, member: 24”]As much as I dislike Brolly I think he is dead right here.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-likens-gaa-stars-to-indentured-slaves-and-calls-for-massive-overhaul-of-fixture-system-30888054.html[/QUOTE]
Agreed, i really dislike the cunt.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1067926, member: 332”]It requires an overhaul but that’s too dramatic to ever happen. The championship has to be over the summer.
June to August is plenty time to get it played off. All of may and September then to play off club championships and it should be compulsory to be at x stage of the club championship by the end of May.[/QUOTE]

In some counties players would end up worse off and with less games than they currently have.

Limerick you are guaranteed a minimum of 5 championship games.

What’s it like in other counties?

GAA players are freeloaders.

Again I say there are amateur cross country athletes more committed to their sport than these ‘stars’. No disrespect to the GAA players.
It’s a choice. Players are free to choose. Some choose not to do it.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1067930, member: 1786”]In some counties players would end up worse off and with less games than they currently have.

Limerick you are guaranteed a minimum of 5 championship games.

What’s it like in other counties?[/QUOTE]
Wet and windy here at the moment.

Some are free-staters too.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1067926, member: 332”]It requires an overhaul but that’s too dramatic to ever happen. The championship has to be over the summer.
June to August is plenty time to get it played off. All of may and September then to play off club championships and it should be compulsory to be at x stage of the club championship by the end of May.[/QUOTE]
If the fixture issue if ever to be sorted, properly sorted. The Championship must return to Knockout.
Run a proper League from February to April which will mean something, grade it properly and let it happen.

Knockout championship will mean County Players will effectively play with their Clubs in a meaningful way, train & play. County Championships will see a rejuvenation will proper summer games. Co Management teams may actually find new blood if they get to see summer games, as opposed to mullocking bollixing in Sept, Oct & Nov.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 1067930”]Limerick you are guaranteed a minimum of 5 championship games.
What’s it like in other counties? [/quote]

In Tipp, between Co League, County Cups & Championship they play heaps of games at Senior level in both codes. The main issue in Tipp is the grading problem at Minor, U21 & Junior. In West Tipp, in U21A & Junior A Hurling there was 3 & 2 teams respectively.

In fairness to Brolly, whether you agree with him or not, he is some man to get his point across.

He must be brilliant in a courtroom.

There’s too many meaningless matches played at Senior in Tipp. Nearly harder to get knocked out before October than to stay in it.