The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1067939, member: 1497”]In fairness to Brolly, whether you agree with him or not, he is some man to get his point across.

He must be brilliant in a courtroom.[/QUOTE]
If he was so good in a courtroom he wouldn’t need to be turning tricks for RTE and the Mail to supplement his income.

:clap:

That’s more likely ego driven that financially driven. He loves an aul soapbox does Joe.

:rolleyes:

I would say he does the media circuit for the craic more so than the moola.

How many championship games though? What’s the minimum?

Drom must have won about 6 matches to just reach the last 16.

Other teams got to the same stage winning 1 or 2 games and losing 3 or 4.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1067936, member: 1517”]If the fixture issue if ever to be sorted, properly sorted. The Championship must return to Knockout.
Run a proper League from February to April which will mean something, grade it properly and let it happen.

Knockout championship will mean County Players will effectively play with their Clubs in a meaningful way, train & play. County Championships will see a rejuvenation will proper summer games. Co Management teams may actually find new blood if they get to see summer games, as opposed to mullocking bollixing in Sept, Oct & Nov.[/QUOTE]

I don’t agree with that. I solved this issue about 6 years ago on thefreekick.com. But the biggest problem is to get the turkeys who vote on these matters to see the bigger picture.

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1067952, member: 1497”]Drom must have won about 6 matches to just reach the last 16.

Other teams got to the same stage winning 1 or 2 games and losing 3 or 4.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but you are picking Drom who are from Mid Tipp which is heavily populated with Senior Teams. Same goes for the North. Lots of games did Burgess no harm this year, they were within minutes of securing an Historic North title.

I didn’t ask you to agree but thanks for the informative post.

You didn’t ask anyone to agree. Or disagree.

In the West Championship, 5 teams all play each other once. Will be 4 teams next year with Cashel relegated. Co Championship had 8 groups of 4 so again 3 games per group. 2 teams gone from this structure for 2015 after relegation.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1067936, member: 1517”]If the fixture issue if ever to be sorted, properly sorted. The Championship must return to Knockout.
Run a proper League from February to April which will mean something, grade it properly and let it happen.

Knockout championship will mean County Players will effectively play with their Clubs in a meaningful way, train & play. County Championships will see a rejuvenation will proper summer games. Co Management teams may actually find new blood if they get to see summer games, as opposed to mullocking bollixing in Sept, Oct & Nov.[/QUOTE]
Bollox Harry.

That’s some craic. On a pentagon or something?

West was run off on some sort of knockout/losers group format last year. Annacarty beat Cappawhite twice to make the final.

I would imagine it will be straight semis this year like the West SFC.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1067926, member: 332”]It requires an overhaul but that’s too dramatic to ever happen. The championship has to be over the summer.
June to August is plenty time to get it played off. All of may and September then to play off club championships and it should be compulsory to be at x stage of the club championship by the end of May.[/QUOTE]
so finish the club players in half the clubs in May, thats your solution? Holy shitballs thats fucking retarded.

typical irish begrudgery

@caoimhaoin
Would you be in favour of Straight Knockout in Senior Intercounty matches? Thoughts?

He makes over GBP300k a year from legal aid system in North.

Like Fagan said, if he was any good he wouldn’t be taking the soup.