The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

i know. But he is in a loop now to keep up with the Joneses. The big house the two cars the foreign holidays. Really if he stepped back he’d realise the few pounds he’s getting from RTE of a Sunday aren’t as important as the time he could be spending with his children.

The Queens shilling.

He likes keeping up Joneses Road with his kids - drives there in a big car. Dublin is in a foreign country so it is a foreign holiday. Croke Park is near the Big House.

He probably gets euros from RTE.

Logout ta fuck. :rolleyes:

Ah jaysus

Once I have this log out, I will…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1067985, member: 1517”]@caoimhaoin
Would you be in favour of Straight Knockout in Senior Intercounty matches? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Yip, as long as there is a decent league previous to it and the thing runs pretty much week to week. There shouldn’t be a huge gap between when 8 teams get knocked out of the last 16 and the eventual finalists getting their club games going again.
I like the NZ rugby model, and it looks like we may head to something like that

True, although I think they are grown up now ya?
However it doesn’t get away from you begrudgery.

Ah now Fagan, it was a pure jealous begrudging comment, all day long.

Are you jealous Joe gets some limelight? He has his faults, like us all, but hae embraces them. And he is as is, I doubt he puts much on. He’s a WUM, but that’s what he is.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1068024, member: 273”]Ah now Fagan, it was a pure jealous begrudging comment, all day long.

Are you jealous Joe gets some limelight? He has his faults, like us all, but hae embraces them. And he is as is, I doubt he puts much on. He’s a WUM, but that’s what he is.[/QUOTE]
Deary me.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1068024, member: 273”]Ah now Fagan, it was a pure jealous begrudging comment, all day long.

Are you jealous Joe gets some limelight? He has his faults, like us all, but hae embraces them. And he is as is, I doubt he puts much on. He’s a WUM, but that’s what he is.[/QUOTE]
Yes kev I’m jealous. I wish it was me and not Joe, analysing the football.

Lyster. And today I’m joined by Colm O’Rourke but no,Joe Brolly Im afraid.

I’m jealous, Kev. I wish it was me and not Joe.

Lyster. Today I’m joined by Colm O’Rourke but Joe Brolly can’t be with us today. Joe has decided to spend Sunday with his family for once and of course he has a big case coming on next week so he’s doing a bit of preparation for that as well.
Anyway not to worry. We’ve lined up a super replacement analyst in his place. A big Sunday Game welcome to Fagan ODowd.
FOD. Thanks Michael. Howya Colm.
Lyster. I’m sure Fagan needs no introduction. A man that has illuminated the game at some of the lowest levels imaginable. Who will ever forget his performance at corner back in the Eastern IFC final against Killure in Portlaw all those years ago when he stood in the breach and held back the Killure tide singlehandedly. Or his performance on the side of a hill in the Dublin Mountains in the first round of the Dublin JFC against Brittas. The stuff that dreams are made of. Fagan you are very welcome.
FOD. Thanks Michael.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1068053, member: 706”]I’m jealous, Kev. I wish it was me and not Joe.

Lyster. Today I’m joined by Colm O’Rourke but Joe Brolly can’t be with us today. Joe has decided to spend Sunday with his family for once and of course he has a big case coming on next week so he’s doing a bit of preparation for that as well.
Anyway not to worry. We’ve lined up a super replacement analyst in his place. A big Sunday Game welcome to Fagan ODowd.
Lyster. I’m sure Fagan needs no introduction. A man that has illuminated the game at some of the lowest levels imaginable. Who will ever forget his performance at corner back in the Eastern IFC final against Killure in Portlaw all those years ago when he stood in the breach and held back the Killure tide singlehandedly. Or his performance on the side of a hill in the Dublin Mountains in the first round of the Dublin JFC against Brittas. The stuff that dreams are made of. Fagan you are very welcome.
FOD. Thanks Michael.[/QUOTE]
Jaysus

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1068003, member: 273”]Yip, as long as there is a decent league previous to it and the thing runs pretty much week to week. There shouldn’t be a huge gap between when 8 teams get knocked out of the last 16 and the eventual finalists getting their club games going again.
I like the NZ rugby model, and it looks like we may head to something like that[/QUOTE]
@carryharry
I would also strongly consider a 2nd grade championship. If they want to keep the provincials as a stand alone pre-season then fine, that gives the small county the chance of a surprise and maybe silverware.
If you look at the divisional championships in Kerry, they are very highly rated and the odd time you’ll have a Junior team rattling a senior team and fairly regular intermediate beat senior. Those teams don’t think they should be in the Kerry senior championship however.
Wouldn’t say Sligo or Clare who have to a certain extent a gar for football and have half decent teams prefer a crack off Mayo or Kerry early and then go into a 16 team championship with a chance of winning.
Very few elite competitions in the world in team sport have 33 teams going for the cup, as invariably only a handful have a chance. NFL does, but look at their structure, nobody loses out.
I think the league should determine your championship placing. So I think 4 regional sections of 8 seems the logical solution. Cost is down straight away and teams already have 7 games so nothing changes. Get rid of national league finals or play offs, you’d just win your region and you are then preparing for provincial. I would consider scraping the provincials but there are too many yokels who want to keep them alive so everyone needs something. Provincials played in 4 week period, all finals in same weekend and a week break afterwards for all. Games finish on the day, end of story.

It means even the very first league game is of importance. I think it will also increase crowds as maybe your last 16 position gets you home or away. Let’s say cork are 3rd in the league going into the last league game with Tipp who are 2nd, Kerry 1st. Cork need the win to get a home last 16 spot. A loss will mean top 4 but the possibility of Dublin or Donegal away in last 16.
1/4’s onwards all in CP.

I think Provincials could start in middle of April. Championship starts in last week of may. You could maybe give a week between 1/4’s and semi’s (add to quality) and you’d nearly be done at tail end of June.

There is too much short sightedness for this right now, but at least the likes of this is being explored and talked about. Usually takes 5-6 years for the idea to become obvious to a lot of people.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1068053, member: 706”]I’m jealous, Kev. I wish it was me and not Joe.

FOD. Thanks Michael.[/QUOTE]
I don’t think you are jealous so much of him actually being on TV, it’s more the money.
He makes 300k and more and that’s what annoys you more than anything.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1068061, member: 273”]I don’t think you are jealous so much of him actually being on TV, it’s more the money.
He makes 300k and more and that’s what annoys you more than anything.[/QUOTE]
Why would you think that?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1068061, member: 273”]I don’t think you are jealous so much of him actually being on TV, it’s more the money.
He makes 300k and more and that’s what annoys you more than anything.[/QUOTE]
Will someone print out Fagans joke, and ram it the fuck down this gobshites throat, at least then he might get the point.

Give him a few more posts and he might get it, at which point he’ll tell all and sundry that he and Fagan were basically agreeing with each other and that the rest of us just don’t get it.

@caoimhaoin , when did you first realise you could read people’s minds?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1068063, member: 180”]Will someone print out Fagans joke, and ram it the fuck down this gobshites throat, at least then he might get the point.

Give him a few more posts and he might get it, at which point he’ll tell all and sundry that he and Fagan were basically agreeing with each other and that the rest of us just don’t get it.[/QUOTE]
Drop it fella before he breaches your thoughts. :eek:

He wouldn’t find a whole lot going on if he did.