The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

I thought Kerry scarified o Donoghue that day. He stood out on the wing.

Fergus finished Oā€™Donoghue as a footballer in 2015.

I hope he comes back and shuts brolly up.

Highly unlikely

1 Like

JOD comes across as a very unlikeable character.

Slightly harsh, Ewan is mental, Joe is more conniving.

his father was Diarmuid was to captain Kerry in 1984 but he made the squad rather than the team so Ambrose Oā€™Donovan ended up captain and lifted Sam. He was on the Kerry senior panel in the 1983-1987 period, unsure if he ever started a senior championship match.

1 Like

Ah shtap

Colm cooper is a bit of a pat Horgan. In the face of adversity cooper never really done it. An incredibly talented footballer but Tyrone put it up to him and he didnā€™t really deliver.

1 Like

Tyrone were the best team of the post Paraic Joyce era. It was a joy to watch them batter the fuck out of the self entitled gombeens time and time again back then

3 Likes

Cooper is the second highest scorer in the history of Gaelic football. He had a 15 year career, was built all wrong for it, and still was one of the most prolific forwards in the game. Had some terrible injuries too. As good a man to pick a pass as Iā€™ve seen.

Reduced to, ah but sure he couldnā€™t handle Tyrone by a few sad acts on the internet.

7 Likes

By this logic Cillian o Conner is better than Gooch. You donā€™t deserve the INTERNET

1 Like

Heā€™s another terrific footballer. Iā€™m not burdened by the need to categorise great players bro. I can enjoy watching them without a pressing need to slate them or rate them on some mythical all time list

1 Like

Keep backtracking there like a good lad

Fairly odd line of reasoning.

Or Donegal
Or Armagh
Or Monaghan
Or Dublin
Or Down

1 Like

His 5 all Irelands will give him comfort Iā€™m sure

1 Like

Won against windy Cork and Mayo teams.

Donā€™t care what you say gooch played in 3 all Irelandā€™s v Tyrone and lost all of them. They were the bench mark and he failed against them compared to what he done to the likes of mayo and cork. It would be a little like mcilroy retiring without a masters or Federer without a French open.

2 Likes