The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Cooper played well in both finals Kerry lost to Tyrone to be fair

Not really. Gormley moved on him and softened him up.

He was held in 03 semi final too v Tyrone.

Ricey was on him in 03 and outscored him from play.

1 Like

Declan o Sullivan was a better player overall but I think David Clifford will be better than both.

1 Like

Donaghy was the go to man in that Kerry attack, the man for the big occasion.

He didnā€™t really .

He did. He got a few early scores in the 05 final off Ricey, Gormley moved back on him and he did nothing for the rest of the game. When the heat came on Gooch with missing. He had a weak mentality, heā€™s grand when he was let play.

The shit was best of Kerry all over that day but heck blame the corner forward .

Cooper played well in both Tyrone finals as has been said

1 Like

Not when he had Gormley to deal with.

Again Tyrone cut the Kerry attack off from midfield . He was feeding off utter scraps . He did fairly well .

Free staters love false gods

Not really. There was plenty of Kerry lads who stood up - Tomas and Darragh Oā€™Se, Declan Oā€™Sullivan but Gooch didnā€™t.

Maurice Fitzgerald was better than all of them. he played with a lot of dross pre 1996

1 Like

Well before my time. Who would you rate higher gooch or Declan?

He wasnā€™t terrible but you expect more from such a marquee player

Cooper

1 Like

Declan Sullivan often struggled v Tyrone as he was inclined to solo a bit much . Darragh o se used to be swamped v Tyrone and legs were gone in 2008 when he struggled tracking back . Tomas was outstanding in those games

I heard a great yarn about Dara o cinneide after he won his all Ireland. There used to be a late pub for ex Kerry players to go drinking after all Irelandā€™s in killarney. Cinnieide was boloxed and he turned up at door of it with a few friends and the owner was standing at the door and simply replies ā€œyouā€™ll have to win a lot more than one all Ireland to come in here in this siteā€.