The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Dessie Mone tortured Gooch in Croke Park.

As for '03 it was Kerry’s lowest moment since forever but they basically got hit in the face with a truck that they never seen coming. No one in Kerry had a clue what was happening, it’s not fair to single out Gooch for blame. Pat Spillane talking about puke football, a complete national embarrassment who tried to kill the game just because Kerry couldn’t get it their way. I’ve never forgiven that.

That match isn’t Gooch’s legacy. How he will be remembered will be for knocking up easy scores against Cork and Mayo teams pissing themselves just because they were on TV.

2 Likes

Probably since the 2001 semi-final when Meath beat them by 15 points anyway

2 Likes

Tyrone’s body language in the parade before the '03 semi-final was something else

I made a mental note of it looking down from Hill 16 as they passed the Cusack Stand side in front of me

The puffed out chests, the heads back and nodding like pigeons on speed, the strides of them were almost pushing the ground down or at least stamping on an imaginary opponent

You could almost sense them saying to themselves, fee, fi, fo, fum, I smell the blood of a Kerryman

Cormac McAnallen’s body language was particularly impressive, he was up near the front

Kerry started well in the '05 final, but then after about 15 minutes, the truck came again and they were powerless to stop it again

And then in the '08 final, Kerry thought they’d halted any prospect of the truck driving over them when they got four in a row to go a point up with about 16 minutes left

But the truck was just getting started, and they were flattened again

1 Like

You have to laugh at one of the most decorated footballers of all time being judged on a single game when he had barely turned 20, and was marked by a thug in a team who changed their whole style of play to negate teams with more talented footballers. The best of his era, his battles with Anthony Lynch were an example of everything great with the game.

6 Likes

I judge him on all the big games he played at Croke Park that were not against Cork or Mayo. It doesn’t make for great reading for Gooch in that regard.

The man talks some amount of bullshit. Everything boils down his pre conceived narrative even if it is completely false. He claims Donegal lost yesterday because they went away from their kick passing game. I just though the Mayo full back line dominated Brennan and McBrearty. They kicked plenty in but they weren’t winning it so naturally when it ain’t working you change it up. The penalty actually came from a foot pass into Murphy.

1 Like

He said mayo were finished after the Kerry game. The guy is a clown.

1 Like

:smile: :smile:

He’s certainly unique there

15 Likes

Joe and Cooper are getting on surprisingly well

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Brolly having a meltdown on Twitter. Think he might end up getting sectioned soon.

I hope not as he won’t be able to access Sky Sports then

3 Likes

Delighted to see Stephen O’Brien cleared to play in the final. Brilliant throughout the championship and again on Sunday against Tyrone with his blistering pace, finishing power and true grit.

Joe has the Tyrone lads hoping like sausages

Joe doesn’t like his double standards being questioned.

Between this and your Mayo for Sam thread @Liqourice_Pipes GAA predictions have been as accurate as a Mayo forward.

Joe is a professional WUM now. Not sure anybody should take what he says seriously.

Bump

Good luck and thanks.

Say it ain’t so Joe