The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

no GAA coverage?

Arlene Foster is their Fermanagh GAA correspondent

1 Like

Just about to give this a listen, Brolly and Bryson

1 Like

Listened to it there, a good chat. Brolly is a good guy

He did better than most engaging with your man for so long. Don’t think flegs got a mention must have been a stipulation of Jamie’s :grinning:

Jamie wasn’t really able for him at all, Joe took a very clever soft approach and had Jamie eating out of his palm. The chasm in intelligence was very apparent.

1 Like

Here’s How 16 - VW, and Exclusive Interview with Jamie Bryson - Here’s How (hereshow.ie)

this is great

2 Likes

Joe went easy on him in fairness but could have stuck the boot in.

He did, but by doing so he made Jamie look a complete fucking ignorant simpleton. Bwyson wasn’t able for him at all, Joe was like the cat that could squash the mouse whenever he felt like it

1 Like

and Joe in first gear only

This is all very true. However, Joe’s optimistic vision of today’s youth not caring about religion/politics/ etc is only true of the middle class world he lives in. Go down to the Village, Sandy Row, Shankill deprived Proddy areas and you’ll find a different story altogether. There are similar Taigy areas although I think Taig parents push education for their kids more. Make no mistake though, the potential for sectarian violence still exists. Joe’s middle class existence glosses over some of the realities.

5 Likes

as an example. I wonder what was behind this

a rookie mistake

3 Likes

Brilliant article from Joe about today’s Derry SFC final in today’s Sunday Independent.

2 Likes

I’d say Jamie is absolutely coining it

Throw it up there and don’t be teasing us non Sindo buyers

This is well worth a listen. Just highlights how much of a fuck of it Claire Byrne made that night in hindsight. Brolly knows exactly how to play the loyalists. Completely fair and reasonable and expose them for the clowns they are.

1 Like

It’s a pity Joe wasted his shot on such a silly target that night

That’s true too he came at it in a bit too much of an ‘attention seeking Joe’ way but still it was desperately handled by Claire.