The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

The sunday game had a panel of 3, plus joanne. They were often three pundits arguing three different points of viewā€¦do you demand that they all get it right all the time? Does it need to be a ā€˜safe spaceā€™ or something?

But he was quite clearly talking rubbish.

He got called out on his rubbish which is fair.

He then through his toys out of the pram because his ego wasnā€™t able to be called out.

Thatā€™s his own fault. Nobody elseā€™s.

Does david need joanne and rte coddle him now as well as the gaa?
If you think having an incorrect opinion is grounds for sacking then you definitely shouldnā€™t become a racing pundit.

Brolly supported Derry under Gallagher but wonā€™t under Harte. Totally contradicting himself.

3 Likes

He got himself sacked.

He had nobody to blame but himself.

His ego wouldnā€™t allow him to admit he talked rubbish.

Youā€™re the first person Iā€™ve heard taking the line that brolly deserved to be sacked because he said something about david. Itā€™s an interesting theory i supposeā€¦

I never said that but it wouldnā€™t be like you to try and misrepresent somebody.

He got sacked because he got called out live on tv for talking shite.

His ego took over and he just couldnā€™t swallow his pride and admit it.

Your position seems a little convoluted, perhaps you find it hard to be objective where david is concerned?

Not at all.

I thought brolly was an excellent pundit for a long time but he turned into a parody of himself for a finish.

He couldnā€™t handle being corrected by a woman.

His big ego simply wouldnā€™t allow it.

I didnā€™t realise Joanneā€™s job was to correct punditsā€¦is it just when david is concerned?

Iā€™d imagine when somebody talks complete and utter crap itā€™s fair enough for a pundit to be corrected.

Fair enough. It sounds like a barrel of laughs in your/Joanneā€™s/Davidā€™s safe space.
Anyhow i should pretend to do a little work and you should probably get back to impoverishing the bookiesā€¦

I dunno whatā€™s this got to do with David.

Cantwell regularly challenges all pundits from what I see.

Joe was the only unable to deal with it.

His big ego wouldnā€™t allow it.

You could argue it the other way.
Im not a huge fan of prolonged exposure to brolly, hes a blagger, but he was a good pundit.
He was a better pundit than Joanne is a presenter.
I doubt very much she had anything to do with getting rid of him though. Did he say that she did?

1 Like

Iā€™d agree he was a good pundit but by the end he was desperately trying to create a stir and wind people up. It became tiresome.

Everyone knew what he was at during that half time of the all Ireland football final in 2019. He was trying to create a headline with him stuck in the middle of the story.

Cantwell nipped it in the bud quickly and Joe desperately tried to get her to back down by shouting.

He was promptly dropped for the replay.

Heā€™d only himself to blame.

Nowadays he appears to be an expert on everything. The way he talks is like ā€œlet me tell you the answerā€. Itā€™s incredibly tiresome I find.

3 Likes

He comes across as yesterdayā€™s man whinging about the good old days. Joanne Cantwell broke him.

1 Like

Gallagher took them from Div 4 to Div 1 and an AI semi final which they would have won if he was on the sideline IMO.
The Derry players have no time for Brolly and routinely ignore his texts and calls.
Joe Brolly doesnā€™t represent Derry GAA now. When he did, he played a part in getting Brian Mullins into manage them.
He/they were also very silent on recent Dublin hurling managers - they were doing it for far from pennies.

Joe is a very complex individual, in fact heā€™ll be our most complex president ever

3 Likes

Yet they had/have time for a wife beater, so yknow, thereā€™s that.

He got a load of hot air blown up his ass after the organ donation and lost the run of himself. You had a social media audience egging it on too.

Heā€™s like that fella Hickey too. He thinks he is doing community outreach by engaging clowns line Jamie Bryson in conversation and talking down to them.

1 Like