The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

I know Currid was involved with a Waterford club a few years back a club Cunningham was managing at the time

1 Like

I’m worried now she has left the Dublin hurlers that there may be some Waco type of mass suicide up in Parnell Park. We are down enough players as it is.

6 Likes

Ballygunner?

1 Like

How much are these gurus charging ???

Christ.

Good question. I assume @caoimhaoin would have a fair idea and will fill us in.

I have no idea who he is asking about?

Tony Robbins is 25k a day, that much i know.

Linda Evangelista is 10 grand a day to model. A local girl here is Ireland won’t get that modelling .

Any real idea ???

For local models.

Average around 250 a shoot

2 Likes

Would you stop - She was using Mental Health in the way you’d use the bogey man when talking to kids. She’s an utter cunt after that. We all know we have suicide problem in this country, but to use that to perpetuate herself and her industry in modern sports is sick.

6 Likes

A successful woman, a successful woman who happens to be a psychologist, really rattles alot of the lads here.

A woman full stop rattles the lads here

1 Like

Ok I will rephrase the question. How much would a sports psychologist involved with a decent inter country set up, (lets say someone like Mayo in the football Galway in the hurling) be getting paid for their contribution. . You seem to have good insight in to these set ups. Would physios be getting paid decent money for being involved with county set ups along with s&c, nutrionists etc. Do most team doctors get paid as well.

The whole "profession " is being questioned here. Gender ain’t got nothing to do with it . This lady is the topic de jour as she gave an big interview to the paper of record yesterday .

Classic deflection by you kev .

3 Likes

Christ, some choice of words there.

What seems to be happening is one S&C guy gets in and then he brongs in a few students to do the donkey work. Not sure how i feel about that. There is an experience aspect but i have heard of guys taking money for the students that they never pay.
If they are not able to contribute to the coaching or have real scientific input i would say they are worth 75-85 per session. If they can coach as well, lets say Cian O’Neill types, i would imagine they demand 120+ per session. Plus milage maybe as well.

Nutritionists are a bit harder to judge, their omvolvemebt is a bit harder to assess (even though they should be arguably the best paid). The Kerry Nutritionist is doing it for free. Must be getting something out of it as its his 3rd year. Have spoke to him and he is bang on. Can’t understand doing anything for free like that, but he is good and is onviously benefitting elsewhere. A Nutritionist is 50-75 per sesssion and programs after that, maybe 25-50 per player and per adjustment.

Physios have to be at sessions and games, they get a fee, maybe 80-120 per session +milage. They have to be at everything so are the ones pulling most money overall. Again there is some cowboying going on here getting trainees in and charging full whack.

3 Likes

Jesus… Are you a Hilary Clinton supporter?

I thought that medical professionals have to charge a fee for ethics / indemnity/etc ??

What?

To answer the 1st question.
The psychologists i have worked with all charged between 150 & 220 per team session. These can be as long as 2 hours depending on time of year. They might meet the team or management team 4-6 times in a season. Its notable that the good ones also encourage individuals to contact them for chats/emails etc for clarification etc. Without looking for money. They understand it comes back to them.

Might seem steep, but there is easily 3 hours prep involved as well. And thats what people son’t understand about some of these trades. Same with programming in my game, lads think you can just “throw out an auld program” and no doubt that happens, but that means its generic. Movement is complex in a general sense, but its even more complex with high end amateurs or Semi-Pros