The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

RaSchoolers ?

10 Likes

Youā€™re on fire lately, pal.

Superb

the ā€œpretend Ira ladsā€ is one of the greatest comments ever made here, it has given birth to a new group

Privately educated lower middle class pretend IRA lads

1 Like

The Pelmcpil clique.

3 Likes

Which lads were privately educated?
The Pretend IRA lads
Who are they exactly?
The upper middle class
Do they have names???
Vol. 1 Vol. 2 and Vol. 3

change it to Privately educated upper middle class pretend IRA lads and Im in

4 Likes

You spotted the deliberate error.

1 Like

Is there any such thing as middle middle class?

@balbec

1 Like

yep, bland @fran is middle middle class

2 Likes

Intermediate

Iā€™m a high roller

Vol 11 +.

The book is basically a promo for his new company. It reads at times like an episode of The Apprentice. In the chapter entitled ā€˜Building a Growth Mindsetā€™, he writes: ā€œIn McNulty Performance I give the team tasks to be completed in a very short time. Last year, before Christmas, I made an announcement, 'Weā€™re going to do a ā‚¬20 challenge. Two teams of five. Youā€™ve got ā‚¬20 and one hour to go out and make a significant difference to someoneā€™s life.ā€
Team One bought flowers and hot chocolate and ā€œhanded them out free to random people. They came back beaming with prideā€, writes Enda. But now, the punchline. Enda was leading Team Two. Wow! Step aside Team One. Losers! Team Two got loads of rugby gear and other stuff from contacts and didnā€™t even spend the ā‚¬20.

ā€œWhen Team One saw us coming laden with bags they couldnā€™t believe it! By adopting a growth mindset we had opened up the exercise to a universe of possibilities.ā€
Ah haaaaaaaaaaa! The thought struck me as I read that if Partridge narrated it in audio book form it would become a smash comic hit. Enda could market a McNulty performance tie-and-blazer badge set.

7 Likes

A growth mindset or a cunt mindset?

1 Like

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

1 Like

Heā€™ll be accused of being obsessed with McNulty soon enough.

Although he does start of with one of the most heard of and common urban myths about the Kilkenny team and the bus driver

2 Likes

He must have a heap of appearances for Kilkenny. He played against Limerick once too.

3 Likes