The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Really? How can you be certain?

Fancy that.

Typical Nordie so

No comment.

Because of the influence and reach some of these people have. Its a small community and reccommemdations matter.

Not sure is it because its new or the population os small, but there is a real mix of people chatting and mixing together in the Sports Science world and you could be talking to a guy who gets 10k a day for presenting 1 minute and a PT down the road the next or some guy working for PSV the next. But its still a small pool.

Never know Joe was such a rugby fan. Tricky one today for some of the anti rugby pro brolly faction

I was having a look over it today and was thinking the same thing.

You wonder if Joe is dialling it in. Rugby killed off the club game that Joe wants to protect in GAA to create a professional league which in Ireland looks unsustainable. It espouses elitism which Joe derides in GAA.

See he had a cut at Gilroy and Molloy aswell over the O’Connell interview. Molloy was seething on the radio today.

4 Likes

O’Connell comes across as an oddball.

What interview?

Mick O’Connell.

Ah fuckit you have to listen back to that, classic radio when the two journalism college boys researched Mick for what was going to be a gushing interview and he sent them home with their tay in mugs.
Cranky old fucker.

6 Likes

Ya bollix. Ignore my last reply :unamused:

What looks unsustainable in ireland?

He has always been regarded as an oddball. The lads should of known this prior to the interview and avoided asking scuttery questions.

1 Like

The basic gist of the interview was…

Molloy: "So you grew up on Valentia Island Mick, do you think that… "

O’Connell: “Who said that?? I never mentioned anything about growing up on an island”

3 Likes

Why would he do the interview if he was just gonna be such a grouch. Was funny in fairness

The provincial professional one

1 Like