The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Iā€™v enough of this for tonight now
But if you do a search I addressed this point not so long ago in depth on here

The clubs, of which I am a lifelong member, did far far more to destroy themselves than the IRFU did. The IRFU is going through a delicate process at the moment trying to restructure the club game. Iā€™d say 90% of clubs by number support the principle of it, if not all of the detail. The remaining 10% are the long standing traditional clubs who carry serious political clout and who would probably most benefit from the changes. But itā€™s not easy and is a slow and painful process. But the clubs really are not helping themselves

What Ulster GAA schools has rugby made inroads into?

Was you posted the link. Itā€™s either a source or it isnā€™t?

He is and I would think he is very comfortable with that description .

Schools in Donegal and Derry in particular i believe.

You havenā€™t a notion.

Rugby in Donegal. :grinning:

This should be fun

the international team are far from flying

2 Likes

Really hope somebody deconstructs Brollyā€™s article - Franno maybe ?

Ah i do. I do indeed.

Oh dear

Not sure who your responding to here but Donegal has a strong link up with the all blacks. Iā€™d say this was huge boost to game up there

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/all-blacks-to-honour-ramelton-legend-1.508630%3Fmode%3Damp?client=ms-android-h3g-ie

No, you havenā€™t a clue.

Rugby is about as popular in Catholic Schools in Ulster as GAA is in the proddy school. Thereā€™s no appetite for it.

No Catholic schools are in the Danske Bank Ulster Cup.

Waffle.

Rameltown?

A place in relatively close proximity to unionist strongholds like Coleraine and Portrush?

Oh dear?

A former player complaining about modern game - draw the parallels.

Newstalk guys are rattled

http://www.newstalk.com/It-was-possibly-insulting-towards-Mick-OConnell--Off-the-Ball-discuss-Joe-Brolly-column

2 Likes

Who says itā€™s unsustainable?

I read the same article in 1999, 2001, 2005 et cetera.

1 Like

Those numbers are a joke.

Rugby picks up most of its players at 13 when they join rugby playing secondary schools.

1 Like