The Joe Brolly tells porkies thread

Unfounded??? It was an interview with a fella who had his ass blown off. He had been directly threatened by fellas within the club and from outside the club but within the gaa community. (as corroborated by the anonymous forum lad I think). In general, fellas who get attacked have a fair idea of who was behind it. It’s shit that it happened in a gaa club but it did.
I can understand that it adds a bit of profile to Cregan in terms of how high they are on the ‘which taig building do we torch next’ front but it’s hardly unfounded.

7 Likes

You think they wouldn’t decide to target a particular club based on a manufactured grudge brought about by a public vilification?

You appear to have a very benign opinion of Loyalist thugs.

That you are defending the printing of evidence-free allegations which could easily give an excuse to those same thugs to target a particular GAA club shows a rather naive, southern “I’m alright Jack” mentality at best.

Joe Brolly is one of the last people you’d expect to have that kind of mentality, which makes the allegations doubly scurrilous.

There was nothing unfou ded.

The man told the story. Nobody really denied any of it.

You defending of this horrible gutless act is disgraceful

Okay, people are making things up now.

1 Like

That’s pretty much exactly what I said in that quote, yes.
I haven’t commented on the “evidence-free allegations”, just your nonsense theory that active Loyalist terrorists are waiting on an article from person they’d surely perceive as a Fenian bastard barrister to trigger an arson attack on a GGA club.

The attack happened before the big Ireland v England rugby match in Croke park… We’ve all grown up since then.

No. You are defending the Gaa club who allowed the 'Ra run amok and they shuned this lad.

Thats who you are defending. The weak. Not the strong, like this chap.

I suggest you read the Creggan member’s posts again.

You do realise some of his clubmates could have disagreed with his decision to join the PSNI without hatching a plan to kill him on the back of it.

The allegations are totally unfounded. Unless unfounded means something very different to my understanding of the word.

2 Likes

Evidence-free allegations can easily make a club or its membership targets of Loyalist thugs.

Now, you’re perfectly within your rights to believe that that might not be so, but then again you’d have to be completely ignorant of the history of the northern conflict to do so.

The Ra?

Conjecture. That’s about all you have there. Nothing evidence of any club anywhere ever getting burnt down on the back of a Joe Brolly article.
At least you’ve stopped shrieking about Brolly’s “irresponsibility” I suppose.

You’re just being a bit of a reactionary eejit now implying that the GAA club are in cahoots with the Real IRA. Cop on to yourself ffs sake and stop deliberately misinterpreting my taking issue with Brolly’s reckless grandstanding as defence for what I already said was a despicable attack.

Sure who needs evidence to try and convict a club and an entire community.

1 Like

Your logic is: There’s a chance Event X might not happen so, if there’s a chance Event X might not happen, it’s perfectly fine to spread unfounded and irresponsible allegations that could easily give Loyalist thugs an excuse to commit Event X.

That’s really fucked up logic.

Would it have been alright if somebody had made an unfounded allegation that a neighbour they didn’t like was an informer? After all, there’d still be a chance no harm would come to them.

1 Like

Are you really that uneducated and/or naive on the north?

FFS

The man told a story. The silence tells us all we need to know

You’ve clearly missed the club’s statement and the very reasoned and considered posts of his team mate on GAABoard.

But then again you’re a member of the “court of public opinion” Joe was railing against last week, before he decided to set up his own one a few days later.

A court which doesn’t require evidence, only outrage.

You’re desperately clinging to this fig-leaf as if they’re some kind of justification. No attack ever happened on the back of an article like this. No loyalist anywhere takes a cue from the weekly Joe Brolly piece to go out an attack a GGA club, no matter what it’s about. I’m bored of this nonsense argument.

1 Like

You’re saying it’s just fine to spread unfounded allegations against a GAA club and to vilify them and the community in which they come from publicly, because there’s a chance Loyalist thugs might not target them as a result.

Gaaboard?

Are you for fucking real?

I read thw staeme t and i think its a crock of shit.

I realise you do not get this as you live your life behind a screen, but actions matter. Words do not matter one fuck in cases like this.

5 Likes