The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Re-runs of On Home Ground, Breaking Ball, as well as All-Ireland Gold through the night. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Countless matches from the 60s that are absolutely horrendous shite, bland repetitive interviews with dishwater dull county players, lengthy documentaries on past stars who made a go of it in politics and/or were prosecuted for pedophilia. Then after midnight a street crime type programme with cctv of ashling Thompson and john leahy in action, maybe even a bit of fergus for pride week

1 Like

180k watched Limerick vs Clare on TV

20k were at the game

the average attendance for the Joe McDonagh cup is 250

by my estimates that would give a tv audience of 2k

1 Like

Can you not just take the odd LOI game thatā€™s televised and correlate the TV viewership from there so?

LOI games get around 100k

1 Like

Christ, you can only imagine the flailing timber in galway if that happened. How many times were portumna told to ā€œfuck off back to tippā€ during matches?

1 Like

Was there ever as much discussion about the second tier competition on here? I donā€™t think so. Is it down to offally being relegated that sparked the interest or is credit due to wooly and cheddar for constantly beating the drum on the podcast?

They are the only ones giving it consistent coverage.

Well them and TG4 showing the games.

Doesnt hurt that the LMcC has been shite so far as well.

Iā€™d say thatā€™s definitely a part of it. Weā€™re in peak hurling season and the majority of games RTƉ have shown have been hammerings.

In fairness as well, while there is ultimately a gulf in class with Carlow, thereā€™s a lot of residual goodwill from the first game against Galway. The other results for them since then have pretty much gone as expected.

Offaly in turmoil. Joe Bergin dropped for reasons that will come out after game. Daithi Regan having a meltdown on twitter.

Ye might need to go to the Christy Ring at this stage and force a complete reboot

Shane Conway fit = Kerry win, shane Conway not fit = Kerry loss

is it as simple as that ?

Offaly seem to be in complete disarray but surely pride will hold them together for the game. Kerry should be favourites though in my book.

Kerry are 5/4 with ladbrokes. Iā€™m having a bit of that

I only live here. Mixed feelings about them going down. That deserve it but would be a long way back. Their better hurlers are older so they might not have hit the bottom yet

Thatā€™s a good point. Their main men are the fellas that actually have hurled at a higher level. Once they go Offaly are in serious trouble

Come on westmeath

I hope Kerry batter Offaly.

Itā€™s a pity these games arenā€™t on tv. As has been said 3pm or 5pm on a Saturday afternoon would be an ok slot on TG4 or RTE for a Joe McDonagh game. Followed by Sky showing their football or hurling A-I match at 7pm.

That Offaly - Antrim Match was a cracker the other week and Iā€™d have liked to have seen it. Ditto the match in Tralee/Killarney today - is it live on the GAA YouTube channel or anything?

Yes I think they are being streamed on gaa. Ie

3 Likes