The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Steadied a bit now. 2 soft penalties. Meath’s saved. Down’s a goal.

By god they’re level!

a point behind at half time is a great place considering where they were earlier. Playing against the breeze now for the 2nd half and 3 defenders on yellow (keeper, No 2 & No 7). A power ofwides from Down in the first 15 mins as well. They’ll live to regret them.

TG4 have a transition year student manning the camera today.

1 Like

Meath deservedly by 10. Down shooting wides again in the last 10 mins of normal time. Stupidly got a man sent off for a stupid flick\slap after a Meath score and then 7 pts down with 5 mins of injury time just gave up.

I think there was a wonder save for the last goal. Hard to prove with the camera work.

Flesh that out there like a good man

Yes. keeper made a few very good saves.

So it was hard to see but the ball dropped about 10 yards out and the Meath lad pulled on it. I think the keeper got a touch onto the post. It popped back out and the Meath lad scored the rebound but if I’m right the first save was very good.

Looked again, not sure if it hit his foot or he saved with hurl.

There was one much earlier in the second half that the commentary called a save, I thought it hit the post.

Be some feat to get the jerseys washed and dried and ready for wear by 5.30 in Pairc Sean for the big ball clash with the banjo players.
I don’t know how they’ll manage it - the extra time in the stick fight scuttled plans.

1 Like

Thanks

He saved a penalty in the first half. To be fair it wasn’t the best taken penalty.

Any one that’s saved isn’t the best taken

index

1 Like

That’d be funnier if this set hadn’t a different design and sponsor

Sligo keeper won’t want to see that goal again! :sob:

Poor fare. Even Hawkeye has gone to sleep :joy: Ref isn’t helping any either. Sligo free taker is good.

Feel sorry for Lancashire. I knew their manager Stan when I lived in England a decade ago. Good Malahide hurling man.

Linesman’s happiness sickened by Armagh goal! The mug on him and he after getting an Armagh man sent off :joy: