The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Antrim had the advantage of a match v Kerry last weekend. A match they pretty much dominated but yet were pushed on the scoreboard. Big boost for them though getting promotion. Yer man Gleeson seems to have them motoring.

Wasnt expecting that result especially with a few injuries and the missing COVID players. Great to see Ciaran Clarke with 2.8.

1 Like

The Davy Glennon experiment didn’t work.

Antrim setting the standard in the Joe Mac

1 Like

Met him once he works in Coleraine Really unassuming, modest young man Real nice fella.

Don’t think Glennon was eligible for this

Would a modern Antrim hurler have reason to be anything other than unassuming and modest? Great to see them get a big win today anyway, would be brilliant to see a Leinster championship game in the new Casement.

:grinning:

That’s a tiny bit unfair. Firstly I was saying that he was a very nice young fella. Secondly I believe he and a clubmate played large parts in the defeat of a Lee Chin led Wexford under 21 side a few years ago. I’d wager that he’d make the panel of any county side

1 Like

Ah you’re right, I wasn’t having a dig at the lad at all but more the unjustified arrogance of some in Antrim hurling. The ones I find most arrogant are the lads who tell you they turned down a call from the county side, I’d have good respect for lads like Clarke who have put their shoulder to the wheel for years with little reward.

1 Like

That’s a very un tfk like response and I have huge respect for you for that.

Just so I don’t get my posting rights revoked, he wouldn’t make the panel of any county side you know-nothing gobshite.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I was just about to edit my previous reply

… you fucking cunt. I’ll gut you if you ever criticise an Antrim hurler again. Well except for …

2 Likes

Theres plenty of them lads in every county who would tell you they could have been a contender but they couldnt be bothered. And Clarke would be on most Liam McCarthy panels except maybe for the likes of Kilkenny, Tipp and Ballyhale!!!

You think there are lads going around Tipp saying they turned down a call from Sheedy, or Limerick lads saying they told Kiely they weren’t interested? What you can be guaranteed is any lad who turns down his chance to test himself against the best would get shown up against the best anyway. In Antrim sadly these lads are given too much heed.

I understand what you’re saying but I think you’re using the wrong tense. I’m not up to date with the Antrim hurling scene but I’ve heard no mention of that “I’m a personality” thing for a few years now. Seems to me that they’ve got a good bunch of dedicated players together this year. They were missing half a dozen starters through injury & covid and turned in a terrific performance against a team that’s had the Indian sign on them for a while now.

Edit There must be some credit due to the management team the Antrim board have put in too

1 Like

I thought they were very good against Kerry last week. Watched it on GAAGO.

2 Likes

Ok guys, Antrim are beyond shit at stick hockey

Stop this nonsense

:smile:

I couldn’t bring myself to watch The Wire so Antrim had to do.