The Joe McDonagh Cup incorporating Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard and whoever else

Ya the Down result was a bit of a freak as well

Surely Kerry refuse to play Tipp if they win?

Why?

Why would they play it?

It’s a shot at promotion

They’re already promoted if they win it

I wasn’t aware that was how it worked

Generally a team that wins a lower championship are promoted to the higher championship.

1 Like

So that’s the structure for this championship too?

They’ve no reason to play another game after they won the Joe McDonagh.

I’d imagine if they kicked up enough they’d make it six in Munster and Leinster. It just makes sense really

3 Likes

Absolutely. Give Kerry home adv for all their games. Same should be for the weaker 2 counties in the Leinster championship.

3 Likes

If they were given a shot at relegating Tipp to the McDonagh they’d earn the respect of a tonne of lads on d’Internet.

1 Like

Just dont play it. Force their hand. See what happens. I doubt Tipp would vote against them if it came down to it.

I don’t think it will be an issue, Antrim should be too strong, but if it is, then Tipp will be sweating. Lads on the beer the last few weeks no doubt. Does he bring them back in and try running them at this stage or does he leave it off?

If somehow Tipp were relegated the promotion relegation would be scrapped the following day

Tipp should throw the game if it happens. Their best chance of getting to the latter stages next year

5 Likes

Something similar happened with Cork a few year back and the league.

If right is right, both teams refuse to play it. Get the GPA involved, the useless shower of bastards.

The 2 Johnnies Nicki is already liaising with players from both sides

1 Like

you can be certain and sure if Tipp lost that match v Kerry in the event such a match was to arise, rules would change pretty quicky

as you say Antrim will be too strong for us so it will not arise but then again, with everyone including Kerry people writing off Kerry , I am beginning to think we might win!

Munster Council to contact Tipperary reps next week should Kerry win McDonagh decider - Tipperary Live.