The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

[LIST]
[]The Brits have embargoed files being released ofna regiment that served in the Divis overlapping with the period where Jean McConville was alleged to have been acting as an informant.
[
]Other war diary sources allude to the use of female occupants as sources of information and how this was a tactic which was being employed by army regiments.
[]The type of radio transmitter which Brendan Hughes alleged was found has been dipsuted by some. However, the transmitter tying in with Hughes description was used by the regiment under scrutiny at this time and is backed up by The Bloody Sunday Inquiry and photographic evidence.
[
]Police records at the time of McConvilleā€™s abduction show that accurate information was reported to the RUC when her abduction took place (held by the IRA in Dundalk). Subsequently information from military sources to the RUC said that McConville was not missing and that it was a hoax and she had left Belfast of her own free will. These military sources were never disclosed but they share a coincidental timeline with the embargoed regimited and when they were active in the Divis.
[/LIST]

Is that @twiceasnice97 headbanger still here?

1 Like

No - Long gone. He was one of the original catholic rural right wing headbangers on here and ploughed a lonely furrow for long enough ā€¦ if he had held on a while longer he would have found a lot of support in guys like @anon7035031, @hbv and @StoneCold

2 Likes

My online persona is catholic mate

Hope the truth comes out here and she is shown to be a tout who British intelligence continuef to put in the crosshairs after she was warned and had her life threatened when initially caught.

2 Likes

Do you not place any reliance on what the Police Ombudsman concluded - i.e. that she was not a tout?

Donā€™t be silly. Narrative, mate.

I always contend if the media believe the Boston tape accounts of adams involvement then why do they not believe the other assertions made in the tapes ? Namely she was on a warning and an army transmitter was found in her house. Itā€™s either all lies or all true surely but in Ireland we only believe what suits the narrative

Dont be silly. Narrative, mate.

Absolutely justified, a tout who was on a warning.
Up there with Brendan Rodgers in terms of people who have crossed the path of the Irish nation

2 Likes

Didnā€™t much similar stuff go on in the War of Independence in terms of ā€˜traitorsā€™?

Remember those heroes?

Oh thatā€™s alright then, torture her, shoot her in the head, and hide her body in a bog on the basis of a bit of local gossip an innuendo.
Your stance, whilst utterly predictable from a barstool bigot, is even more askew given more recent information that pretty much the entire Ira top brass were informing away at the time.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

It goes on in every war, mate.

I caca dao, VC ā€¦

War is a horrible business - which is why Iā€™ve never glorified it - apart from when Airey Neave got blown up, and Warrenpoint, and possibly the Brighton bombing - I canā€™t remember re the last one, to be honest.

e i e i o.

1 Like

I think there is uncertainty as to what actually was the situation. We cannot be sure that she was a tout or that she wasnā€™t a tout. As a result hanging your hat on the evilness of the IRA and ignoring the significant possibility that she was targeted as a tout by the Brits due to her poor circumstances isnā€™t really fair.

you are obviously not up to date

the stakeknife claims have been proved to be false

Although not an act of war but I always admired the audacity of the H Blocks break-out following the horror of the Hunger Strikes.

2 Likes