The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

I couldn’t care less what you think. I find the fact that you were a cheerleader for those murdering IRA scum, very disturbing.

I have no idea, why do the British government deny blowing up dublin

1 Like

I wasn’t a cheerleader as you put it,and not worried what you think,I was being honest, different times,and experiences makes or breaks one,I wasn’t broken- like it or not that’s what it was like for thousands of normally sane thinking Irish ppl who lived in the 6 counties at the time,you are ,or become a product of your environment

Also Geoff,old stock, remember it’s easy to judge and one man’s meat is anothers poison- I hold no grievance for UK ppl,some of my family have lived there for generations- it was what it was

1 Like

He wasn’t :grin:

Fair play to you, mature viewpoint. The barstoolers here will hate that though, really sends them up.

1 Like

Tnx,one can’t deny one’s past,and I certainly won’t- not proud of everything and have certainly moved on- sincerely hope it doesn’t start up again

1 Like

Great post. The tfk quisling will be seething

2 Likes

Afraid you’ll have to dust off the ballyclava

1 Like

Sshh FFS :thinking:well gone

You must have had it really tough with that Preston accent.

2 Likes

They can be tough on outsiders in Preston. Geordie, Bobby Charlton didn’t last too long in the place either in the 70’s.

1 Like

Fair play to you for making a decent attempt to make some sort of sense out of it all.

1 Like

Did you not get stick in North London with your Preston accent?

1 Like

Bit of banter from the northern natives over my North London accent alright.

Do you get stick in the Stretford End with your Tipperary accent?

1 Like

Huh, you were born and bred in Preston but have a North London accent and you had a hard time growing up in the 70’s due to IRA activity in the UK?
An englishman with a north london accent by the name of Geoffrey Boycott?? What gave you away?

1 Like

My oul lad stayed and prayed with a cop as he bled to death. If it had of been in Belfast or Derry city he’d most likely been tortured and shot.
Years afterwards a local orange man told him they’d exonerated him from involvement, I’ve a fair idea what the alternative was. Shortly afterwards he was told that the next time he’d better put his foot on the cop’s neck.
He wasn’t too sure what was waiting for him for a while. It put my mother into a horrible depression, God knows what it did to him.
A few years ago the cop’s family wanted to meet him and thank him. He went along and didn’t say much about it until the son arrived home from Australia a few months later and wanted to meet him as well. My father is as kind a man as you could ever meet, any one of you could ask him for anything and he’d do his best. He couldn’t go through with the second meeting though. He said he couldn’t cope.
This is all small potatoes though, in the bigger picture.

20 Likes

Bullet points please

1 Like

Post reported

It was a mess and you’d be a long time making sense of it.

2 Likes