The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

What about British Intelligence knowingly setting her up for same? Why did they target a single mother for intelligence when they knew the danger it would put her in? What sort of protection did they give her and her family? The British callously used her.

She was a tout and she should have known better.

1 Like

The IRA was full of touts, and nonces.

Brave men murdering a mother of 10.

3 Likes

Yes that fact cannot be ignored,what happened was appalling but sent out a message, a guy in Derry ( Coyle) with big republican connections was taken out of the house in the the Brandywell and neighbours made to watch him getting most of his head blown off( sawn off not a short)

1 Like

Smithers just follows the confirmed bachelor.

A thick, harmless individual.

1 Like

Brave men using a mother of 10 as in former when they were aware of the danger it put her in and the sentence it carried.

1 Like

All sides had touts,Brits ran the show( including gardai touting for the Ra and the Brits)

She was of limited intelligence/ education,she was used

You sound very much like some kkk hick in the alabama sticks in the 50ā€™s.

1 Like

So you donā€™t see an issue with Brits targeting a single mother of 10 and callously using her for information when they knew the death sentence it carried?

Yes or no?

The barstoolers have no intention of addressing you mate, theyā€™re clearly threatened by somebody who has walked the walk

1 Like

Absolutely.

And @flattythehurdler sees nothing wrong with the Brits targeting a single mother of 10 when they knew the danger and sentence it carried if she was rumbled.

1 Like

Iā€™m only giving my honest opinion,I donā€™t want anymore hassle up there or here,lifeā€™s too precious and short

:rofl:

Fair enough, thatā€™s your perspective of it having lived through it up north. I was a young kid in an Irish emigrant family in North London in the 1970ā€™s. Tough enough times on that sizeable constituency as well who had to leave the failed Eire state en masse then bear the brunt on an almost daily basis the consequences of the IRA campaign.

You should be raging at the Ɖire state who turned their back on Northern nationalists and left them to fend for themselves.

1 Like

Why does Jarry still deny he was in the Ra?

Not excusing it,whatā€™s dones done, TBH I fully agreed with it- and as a republican at the time didnā€™t bat an eyelid at bombings and ppl blown to smithereens,shootings etc,in my eyes it was war,canā€™t turn back time but now I can honestly say that bombings should not have happened here or in the UK,I abhor violence now but not two faced about it,a lot of bad stuff done on ALL sides

1 Like

What you faced was zilch compared to ordinary citizens in the 6 counties ,Iā€™m not trying to demean your statement but 2 different worlds

Thatā€™s all good in hindsight but when you lived in that climate it impacts the morality of actions. Nationalists had suffered enough under a violent and brutal sectarian regime. What happened was inevitable.

1 Like

I one hundred percent agree bud,thatā€™s how this Corkman arrived in Derry