The Killing of Jean McConville - Justified or Not?

Yes hindsight is great,and as such ideally it wouldn’t have happened,but it bloody did and the elephant in the room - brit intelligence sourced a vulnerable woman ,used her ,put her in danger and as usual has divided Irishmen and tried to conquer

1 Like

There is absolutely no proof she was an “informer”. The author of the book isn’t convinced either way, but leans against it.

She was an informer. Why won’t the Brits release the Divis Flats files. Why was she killed?

1 Like

I only read the book mate. I wasn’t there. Neither were you. I’d place no stock at all in anything the brits said anyway. They couldn’t lie straight in bed.

1 Like

Darkie was broke the first time he was arrested, and then turned by mi6. They had him operating out of a house on the malone road ffs. At full cost to the British taxpayer

1 Like

You’re deluded

wasnt he anti peace process?

isnt that nonsensical?

Correct. Hughes was bitterly opposed to the Good Friday Agreement and the Peace Process and an unrepentant supporter of terrorism right up to his passing.

Darkie was wearing a fake tache and a business suit the second time he was caught when the peeler walked in, he still knew exactly who he was, he said “give it up Brendan ffs, we have you now” he was no longer useful to British intelligence at that stage. They had to get him off the streets

1 Like

He wasn’t non peace just didn’t agree with Adam’s and co,he 100 percent blamed Adams for letting some of the hunger strikers die to push SF to gain votes

1 Like

In theory only as he didn’t back mcvevitt or the real Ra either

Hughes believed that Adams sacrificed a lot of the lives of volunteers to force through the peace process. There’s probably an element of truth to that, his issue was more the way Adams allowed the Provos to be dissolved.

Brendan Hughes always struck me as a genuine republican to the bone.

1 Like

As before’deluded’ as you can say the same ref McGuinness widely known in Derry that he was cavorting with Brit intelligence for years and some of his ppl physically stopped dissident attacks in Derry as in 1 occasion a shinner actually stood between an armed volunteer and a cop in Waterloo place( prick who stopped the shooting was manager of Tracy’s bar at the time( Provo kip)

Martin was a British agent since the early 1970’s

Reported yes- but unbelievable- I think, definitely since before the gfa

how long was Adams working for them do you think?

based on the events of the last 15 years, i now believe elements of her majesty government were in the IRA and actively trying to destroy the union

2 Likes

It all makes sense now. The reason they were such cunts and handled everything so badly was they wanted the nationalists to revolt and take the country back

2 Likes

Don’t k,he’s a sleveen------ never got his hands dirty,and sent out his nephew and buddies to execute “Joe Joe” o Connor ( oc/ real IRA Belfast at the time) all because so called dissidents were muscling in on the provos cigarette dealing/ smuggling ) ,they wouldn’t/ couldn’t do it now though,shoes firmly on the other foot,full circle

:hugs::hugs::hugs: