The Kyle wrecks your head thread

PS you are wrong absolutely about people who arenā€™t into sport. Some are brilliant folk.

Ah i get that. Iā€™d much rather be playing 5 aside in the lashing rain in mid winter then watching sport on tv. You canā€™t bate being out being active.

I suppose my greatest sport was bedding women which is an indoor game largely. I must have a body count near 2000 but Iā€™ve no trophies for it.

5 Likes

Like I said, sport is the tip of the iceberg but it seemed relevant as it was a very easy comparison to make.
Incidentally Joe Player would have taken a lot more joy out of his overcoming obstacles to achieve his MA than he would have from anyone elseā€™s sports achievement,
I donā€™t look down on anybody, I just donā€™t believe them, and if I do then Iā€™ve got to say that theyā€™ve lived a very shallow life.
Being proud of your kids achievements more than that of a group of random lads from your county is not living vicariously through them either, your kids pleasure means more than youā€™ll understand till you have to.

1 Like

And itā€™s hard to properly understand the joys that can really bring until youā€™ve a kid with genuine challenges or special needs. Itā€™s all levels as they say. But then again I donā€™t think anyone can tell others what they should or shouldnā€™t find joy in if itā€™s harming no one else. I think wed all agree with that

1 Like

Are you new here?

1 Like

From a Corkie thatā€™s very similar to how man utd fans donā€™t really watch football anymore.
We see you.

Are you old here?

Are you taking me up all wrong?
Iā€™ve taken great pleasure from watching Cork win all Irelands, 13 in my lifetime I think.
But itā€™s nowhere near the pleasure youā€™d achieve from more personal things, and particularly the disappointment and heartache.

I donā€™t believe anybody whoā€™d dispute that :man_shrugging:

There has yet to be something upon which weā€™d all agree :woman_shrugging:

Iā€™ll never knowā€¦ When someone says theyā€™re not really into sport or moreso music i just mentally check out. Theyā€™re not my people. The two fundamental things to human culture since we began to form societies is sport and music. Music and sport are the divine. Even Jesus played sport.

He did. He was a striker of some reknown and lethal on a cross.

2 Likes

Had to retire after two defenders nailed him one day.

Weak on his right side as well

He was only on the team cos of his oul lad

6 Likes

Had a younger brother who would have been even better only for the drink

4 Likes

You could have Dunphy do your autobiography

Choco Mouse
                      Warts and All.
1 Like

Robbie Keane is a cunt.

1 Like

That might be a good shout, but I wouldnt be certain of it either. @handsome_shay is a big admirer.

I said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, I have a Dunphy story that would get the house taken off @Rocko and hopefully that insufferable areshole @Bandage too, but Iā€™m not for the telling.

It would rock the forum to itā€™s very core.

5 Likes

If it involves the dunraven and a piano itā€™s been told before on here