The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

I don’t think I’ve ever been up Tara Hill. Hills are a different beast altogether. Did 20k in Dublin mountains this morning. Was reduced to walking a few times going up and I’m no good coming down them either.

1 Like

Posted pics from it in the scenery thread. Great views across the sea but it wouldnt be that high. Sliabh Bui or Croghan would be a much bigger challenge I’d say

Have you ever done the cliff walk from the harbour to ardamine, not that high but challenging enough.

Then again there might have been a good chunk of it lost to coast erosion since I last did it

Sliabh Bui is tough but flattens out in parts. Last section to the mast is a killer but it’s all trail or gravel so runnable. Great view from the top too.

Didn’t even know it existed. Where does it start?

I’ve cycled over it a fair few times but only on the road. Where does the actual running trail start from?

If you head up towards Tom Flanagan’s house (formerly mick weafers) and follow the path there it’ll take you to the back of ardamine church. There’s also some lovely little inlet beaches there along the way

There’s a little lay-by close to the top on the Ferns side opposite a couple of houses. Entrance to the woods is opposite and there’s loads of different trails. Think it’s about 2 miles to the mast taking the quickest route.

I’d like to include lads who cycle too , not all lads are runners , if they could do a 50k cycle or someone do a 1 k swim all should be made welcome .

3 Likes

I’m gonna destroy you again

I’d suggest setting up a virtual cycle thread. I’d be happy to cycle in it myself mate :+1:

Other options would be virtual duathlons/triathlons

Wouldn’t qualify. Less than 250 m.

I’m gonna smash your head in doing this … you and that cunt @anon26343222

You’ll be too full of caviar.

I’ve denounced my* new found wealth and have re-taken a vow of poverty.

*Mrs O’Sullivan’s

Like that ascent one.

You’ve denounced natin’

If we can take the tent down to Kerry this summer I’ll run up Carrauntoihill, I’d love to get into the hills but there’s fuck all around Limerick, I’ll have to be creative

Cratloe kid … or Killaloe

Up Cratloe hill mate.