The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

Snap or Ballyhoura

That one which @caulifloweredneanderthal posted up of Keeper hill up the back of newport isn’t a million miles from you and easily accessible.

1 Like

For the vertical challenge lads, there will be time limit too (I’m thinking 2 hours) and your run has to start and end at the same place (this will stop some smart arse taking a two hour hike and logging it).

More details later.

For a great cause @Mac :clap:

make it 10 hours

Great trails up in the Ballyhouras. Biking or running.

Looking forward to partaking. The simpler the series the better.

1 Like

I’d have the mother put on the kettle for him

If I’m going up a big hill or small mountain I’d prefer a more natural route than the gravel paths of Keeper or Knockfierna, I’m mad to run up Carrauntoohill, did Croagh Patrick last year and despite almost dying on the descent it was a great experience, I’ve done a few of the smaller Kerry ones as well, Torc and Strickeen,

I’ll be doing a mix of fire road and open mountain I’d say

Would a 50k reasonably flat cycle be about the exercise equivalent of a 5k run??

depends how fit you are.

why didnt you call over for a cup of tea? - im x4 fields away

If you were of average fitness?

That’s the Hill of Tara, not Tara Hill!

2 Likes

I don’t fully follow? Is it specific fitness for each pursuit? That’s about where I’d put them on par with each other

No, about three fold I’d say.

1 Like

I could do fifty km on the bike without really thinking about it at an average of 25-27km/hour. But I wouldn’t fancy running 5km. I could walk it though. I’d be inclined to agree with my mate @flattythehurdler there.

1 Like

150k = 5k running?

Whatever you say