The League of Ireland thread

Not a gag at all unfortunately . Things looking very bleak TBH .

Not a gag?? So you believe that Limerick FC may not have 11 players at the start of the season???

I think they may not have enough players of required standard . You will always have players . The Lk SH team fielded in 2010 but the vast majority were not of standard required .

OK, but my point stands, every time they are mentioned somebody says they won’t have 11 players, they clearly will, and they will certainly have players of the required standard as well, don’t worry about it, there’s plenty of time and we’ll see an influx soon enough.

You are gone very narky lately hun. Hope everything is ok XoXoX

I see a report there that LOI crowds were up 25% last year. Wow I said to myself maybe I have been wrong about the LOI all along. But no. On closer investigation whilst it may have been true to say crowds had risen the average gate for LOI premier division game last season was 1906 (thats not a misprint).

That would be about 20% of Munsters lowest attendance in Thomond which probably prompted 50 comments here about the small crowd. Would be more at an inter county training session in Killkenny.

I feel sorry for the real soccer people that their league is being ignored by the ‘change a nuns tyre’ crew. 1906 avg attendance is fucking putrid

3500 paid through the gate for the Walsh Cup final yesterday. Essentially a tournament that’s a warm up for the warm up tournament.

Bar a handful of well run clubs the LOI is a basket case and the FAI couldn’t give a shit about them either.

1 Like

That’s because here is only 4 rugby teams in Ireland. One catering to each province .

1 Like

If I added up all the attendances for the Munster LOI teams so would it outstrip munster rugby?

Correct and its a disgrace. Id love to see a well run LOI. Far more than a strong international team. Far better for Cork, Limerick waterford etc to have strong local LOI side in a functioning league than relying on sucess of national team.

You’d need to get them as a % of their representative population

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: if you stretched any more you would be 6 ft

The guy who goes to athletico Madrid games and has never been to a LOI game blaming the FAI for the leagues problems

Lol

Sweep sweep

1 Like

Munster caters to Limerick and a bit of Cork. You won’t see too many traffic jams leaving Waterford the day of a Munster champions cup game. Leinster caters to Dublin and Connacht to Galway. They are the relevant comparators.

1 Like

It’s not my fault rugby has no appeal to large swathes of the population.

It was you brought that population into the argument however. And even without excluding those counties fagan has mentioned your argument didnt stack up.

You’ll need to provide the figures

anyone have the AIL attendances to hand there?

1 Like

I won’t