The Leaving Cert Thread

I never SAT them. Barrup!

My Leaving Cert started the same day the World Cup started. :angry:

On the 13th of July 1930??? :blink:

Good use of Pukeipedia.

Good use of words

Good use of the retort linguistic mechanism

Good garrulousness.

The State Examinations Commission has confirmed that an investigation has been launched into claims of cheating during this yearā€™s Leaving Certificate exams.

A spokesperson for the SEC said every allegation will be investigated and the results will be published after the exam results in August.

The allegations of cheating came after a student posted concerns on the online discussion forum boards.ie at the weekend.

AdvertisementThe person claimed that students had hidden notes in their socks and pants, while some other students read saved messages from their mobile phones.

She wrote: 'Thereā€™s cheating happening in my school, the majority of students use the fact that the toilets are in our P.E hall and that the superintendents have no reason to follow them in.

ā€˜Should I inform the superintendents of how stupid theyā€™re being or e-mail the State Examinations Commission? I know for definate [sic] that Irish will be the exam that most will cheat on because of learning notes off by heart will prove too much effort for them.ā€™

Last year, the Commission withheld 83 grades from students across a range of subjects following a similar investigation.

Meanwhile, a Junior Certificate business studies paper contained an error today.

The State Examinations Commission has said the error was in Question 6 part B of Junior Cert Business Studies Higher Level Paper ll.

In a statement issued this evening it says it sincerely regrets the mistake and any impact that it has had on candidates, this will be taken into account in the marking of the examination.

This year 23,994 candidates were entered for the Junior Certificate Higher Level Business Studies examination.

Sure that all sounds like the same thing thatā€™s being going on for years. Itā€™s hardly earth shattering. Sounds like some lazy journalist robbing a handy story off a forum.

Was reading that thread yesterday on boards.ie. Yer wan is some poindexter and deserves to be bullied relentlessly.

I cheated in the leaving cert. Canā€™t imagine I was on my own here? Cant remember exactly what I did, but I do remember writing something on the inside of a pencil case for one exam, may have been some forumlas or other.

where would I find it?
I assume it was some spotty face beour, who was sour because she has been locked in her room since the enterance exam in prepartion for the ā€œmost important two weeks of her lifeā€.

boards.ie > Leaving Cert thread > Cheating in the Leaving Cert - something like this anyway.

Youā€™ve people coming on saying, imagine the person who did 5 hours a day for the year versus those who did nothing and cheated. Imagine the cheater gets the last college place.

No, sorry I canā€™t imagine that. FOAD.

Reminds me of those people that used to go mental in my old place of employment because other big 4 firms were on a grand more than us. How bout you just worry about yourself love. If weā€™d got a 50k increase but the others got a 51k increase these people would still complain. By jeekers these people boil my blood.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055937968

Your one seems like a miserable, joyless prude alright. You get the impression it wouldnā€™t take her classmates long to figure out who did it.

Boards is a hot bed of retards.

Thatā€™s just it. The few notes people might scribble on a piece of paper or put on their phone make fuck all difference in the overall scheme of things. The thread is something else. One person suggested asking her classmates why they were going to cheat and taping the conversation. ā€œThen you could bring the tape to the supervisor and play it back to them!ā€.

FFS

:lol:

What a thick fuck

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0615/exams.html

you guys have been found. Look Iā€™m gonna be upright straight and honest. Iā€™m a ****ing repeat. Chances are Iā€™m gonna get hardly 300 points thus year. And yeah admiteddly from endless nights of crying and feeling like all the work I have put in was for nothing I considered cheating alot. Especially for foundation maths. The idea of seeing my parents proud that I got good points overwhelmed me and I was freakishly close to cheating. But guess what; I didnā€™t. Why? Because itā€™s not me, itā€™s not the teachings of my family and itā€™s dishonest and criminal. Yeah I agree that the LC is a pile of carp education system and what not but itā€™s important because Its my gateway to a LIFE.

I might end up doing this damn LC for a 3rd time and I have the full support of my parents. Sure Iā€™m depressed sure itā€™s a horrible feeling but itā€™s life and I have realised that studying hard for one year wonā€™t make the cut. Who knows, it might. But I donā€™t see it happening.

People who cheat need a wake up call. It starts from tge LC. Once you get into uni you do it again. Abd again. And again. And again. Before you know it your a first class cheater. A dishonest person that no one will like.

I have seen people get away with cheating and come out with 500+ points. Itā€™s a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Itā€™s not fair on people who struggle from learning from previous mistakes and people who work hard to get to uni or college. Sure people are gonna laugh at me being in school at 20 but I donā€™t care. Whatever it takes to get into the uni of my dreams Iā€™m gonna try try try till I get there. And without cheating.

I know Iā€™m gonna get an honour in everything else other than maths and Iā€™m praying to god I pass. God knows best.

I noticed that thereā€™s people ADMITTING to cheating in the Leaving Cert on their facebook, maybe some of the people you are on about might be doing the same. Screenshots could work here

Aw this person needs a serious kicking. Perhaps some of the internet stalkers on here could track her down?

Your one that started the whole thing said this as well:

Agreed. bathroom breaks shouldnt be permitted either. that was one of the rules for my parents when they sat state exams and my dad said cheating was very difficult to get away with back then. maybe we should go back to using those rules.

Some of the exchanges on that placeā€¦

Originally Posted by tommytomtom

While itā€™s stating the obvious those who are saying cheating gets you nowhere should look across history and see all the cheaters who made it to the top. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s the best way to go about your daily life but it has served a lot of people very well in the past!

Originally Posted by Michael09

Examples pleaseā€¦

Originally Posted by tommytomtom

Hitler, Mussolini, Haughey, Henry, Maradona, Al Capone, Pablo Escobar, Cascarino, The Monk, John Gilligan, Paul Pot, Bill Belichickā€¦Shall I go on?